*****Let's see your BASMAN cruisers*****

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Tater

E I E I O
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
7   0   0
I know there are Pics of Basmans spread all over this forum. Let's make this thread one-stop sightseeing for Basman cruisers. Show what you've done to yours.

My modest Sport:

DSC00955_zpsc24aeb3e.jpg

DSC00954_zps5f3ef606.jpg

-finally scored a pair of red line Thick Bricks:
DSC00955_zps464cacac-1.jpg

DSC00954_zps8ffa5850-1.jpg

Last edited:
Re: Let's see your BASMAN cruisers

Thanks, I need to try a regular frame one out to see how I fit. I found a medium frame one but I think it might be too short for me.

I don't own a Basman honestly, but I did wanna say the bikes on this thread are really nice. :D Great jobs on'em all.

Today I joined the Basman club. Yesterday I was goofing off at work and plugged in my search of Craigslist for Basman and as usual there wasn't much but a medium that has been on there for a long time. But there was a new ad for a medium in Orange County but the pictures showed a regular. They also had catalog shots of a medium. So I contacted them through the ad and it turns out it was a bicycle shop and she sent me a couple shots of the actual bike and it was indeed a regular. I didn't want a medium because of my height. She told me that they were going to be a Basman dealer but it didn't work out and this was the only one they had and it had been sitting around unsold. What they really sell is BMX bikes and they even had their own indoor/outdoor BMX track. I gave them a deposit over the phone to hold it since they are 100 miles away from where I live.

Picked it up this afternoon. Got it for 1/3 off retail. In great shape, just a bit dusty. They were super friendly and she told me that she had 3 bare frame that the distributor sold them as Basmans and she wanted me to look at them to tell her what she had. They were just some small generic cantilever cruiser frames. She was upset about that so I guess they had paid Basman prices for them.

I couldn't get the bike inside my van like I do my stretch cruiser because it's a lot wider at the rear wheel and has the shifter box sticking out. Good thing I bought the bike rack. It's almost as long as my 7' stretch so it did stick out past the sides of the van. On the way home to San Diego I stopped in Oceanside to give it a try. It rides great as expected but there is something wrong with the 3-speed. It would not stay in second gear without holding on to the shifter. I tried adjusting it several times but couldn't get it dialed in. I'll have to keep working on it but eventually I plan on switching over to the 7 speed Nexus I got in the Electra sale. I also want to change out the grips and pedals, remove the reflectors, add a motorcycle headlight with LED conversion, and have some pinstriping done to it. I may change out the tires but the 346 tires are really nice. I also need to cut down the crazy long shifter and brake cables.

basman001.jpg

basman002.jpg

basman004.jpg

Latest posts

Back