** Let's see your Bicycle Winter pic's **

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

iu

That's a nice bike!

Last edited:
Shot these today after the 2nd wave of snow passed through Tulsa. I had been staying indoors since the storm began a few days ago, but after seeing my brother (pictured directly below) shooting pics with his '49 Chevy 5 window pickup out in the snow, I decided to have some fun outside for a bit. I busted out Sasquatch, my fat tire Mongoose Beast, and decided to try it out in the snow for the first time since I bought it last year. My brother and I both took turns riding it up and down the cul-de-sac while the other shot photos.
BftD_Snow_Daze1.jpg

My turn on Sasquatch. My brother got more good photos of me than I did him, oddly enough. Still, we both had fun out in the snow.
BftD_Snow_Daze2.jpg
BftD_Snow_Daze3.jpg
BftD_Snow_Daze4.jpg
BftD_Snow_Daze5.jpg

Sasquatch next to a pile of snow that was shoveled off the driveway before and partly after the 2nd wave of snow from last night/this morning. Sasquatch has tires that measure roughly 29.5 inches high, just to give you a sense of scale.
BftD_Snow_Daze6.jpg

A shot of the neighborhood, and the skid marks where my brother spun out his Chevy while having some fun. Sorry, but I wasn't out there at the time, so no photos. Dad did get it on video, though.
BftD_Snow_Daze7.jpg

Shot these today after the 2nd wave of snow passed through Tulsa. I had been staying indoors since the storm began a few days ago, but after seeing my brother (pictured directly below) shooting pics with his '49 Chevy 5 window pickup out in the snow, I decided to have some fun outside for a bit. I busted out Sasquatch, my fat tire Mongoose Beast, and decided to try it out in the snow for the first time since I bought it last year. My brother and I both took turns riding it up and down the cul-de-sac while the other shot photos.
View attachment 151420

My turn on Sasquatch. My brother got more good photos of me than I did him, oddly enough. Still, we both had fun out in the snow.
View attachment 151421View attachment 151422View attachment 151423View attachment 151424

Sasquatch next to a pile of snow that was shoveled off the driveway before and partly after the 2nd wave of snow from last night/this morning. Sasquatch has tires that measure roughly 29.5 inches high, just to give you a sense of scale.
View attachment 151425

A shot of the neighborhood, and the skid marks where my brother spun out his Chevy while having some fun. Sorry, but I wasn't out there at the time, so no photos. Dad did get it on video, though.
View attachment 151426
Oh jeez, that’s a lot of snow for Oklahoma. You have as much snow as we do, which is weird. Aren’t fat bikes great in the snow. It’s still below zero here near Lake Superior, but we have had almost no snow. I’ve only run my snow blower three times this winter. In a usual winter the snow along my sidewalk is shoulder high and my boat and trailer are just a hump in the snow. I could pull my boat out right now with my truck as the whole thing is visible. It’s been below zero for two weeks, but yesterday it got to +19 at 2 pm so it’s starting to slowly warm up. It’s -2 right now.
image.jpg

Last edited:
Oh jeez, that’s a lot of snow for Oklahoma. You have as much snow as we do, which is weird. Aren’t fat bikes great in the snow. It’s still below zero here near Lake Superior, but we have had almost no snow. I’ve only run my snow blower three times this winter. In a usual winter the snow along my sidewalk is shoulder high and my boat and trailer are just a hump in the snow. I could pull my boat out right now with my truck as the whole thing is visible. It’s been below zero for two weeks, but yesterday it got to +19 at 2 pm so it’s starting to slowly warm up. It’s -2 right now.View attachment 151439
Yeah, that is a lot for Oklahoma. It feels like we had a similar amount just this past December, but that didn't last nearly as long as it has this past week. I also can't remember the last time the temperature got into the negatives here either. That fat tire bike is FUN in the snow! I might take it out for a longer ride today!

Sounds like you guys up in Michigan are way more used to colder weather than we are down south. I hope you guys are staying warm and not having any major issues. I heard Texas is in serious trouble after this winter storm. State-wide power outages, bursting water pipes, freezing cold indoor temperatures, it's a nightmare over there. I hope those guys get all the help they need, because what's happened down in Texas is an absolute disaster.

Yeah, that is a lot for Oklahoma. It feels like we had a similar amount just this past December, but that didn't last nearly as long as it has this past week. I also can't remember the last time the temperature got into the negatives here either. That fat tire bike is FUN in the snow! I might take it out for a longer ride today!

Sounds like you guys up in Michigan are way more used to colder weather than we are down south. I hope you guys are staying warm and not having any major issues. I heard Texas is in serious trouble after this winter storm. State-wide power outages, bursting water pipes, freezing cold indoor temperatures, it's a nightmare over there. I hope those guys get all the help they need, because what's happened down in Texas is an absolute disaster.
We are pretty prepared. I have electric heat with a wood stove and for double redundancy we have propane wall furnaces. We keep gallons of bottled water for the winter and cut holes in the lake ice for emergency toilet flushing water. We have dirty power and it flickers a lot and occasionally goes out for a few days. A lot of folks here have generators. One hundred pounds of beans, 100 pounds of rice, fifty pounds of flour, and 25 pounds of cornmeal makes a good emergency stash.

We are pretty prepared. I have electric heat with a wood stove and for double redundancy we have propane wall furnaces. We keep gallons of bottled water for the winter and cut holes in the lake ice for emergency toilet flushing water. We have dirty power and it flickers a lot and occasionally goes out for a few days. A lot of folks here have generators. One hundred pounds of beans, 100 pounds of rice, fifty pounds of flour, and 25 pounds of cornmeal makes a good emergency stash.
Ok, good. I figured being up north where the weather's colder would mean you know what you're doing. Sounds like you're prepared and then some! Glad to hear you're doing ok.

Wow you guys in the frozen tundra! I couldn't handle it anymore, left Michisuck 20 years ago and keep moving farther south everytime it snowed. Next move will be an island....
Here's some more
20210129_131329.jpg
Florida. Pedestrian bridge to the beach view.

Wow you guys in the frozen tundra! I couldn't handle it anymore, left Michisuck 20 years ago and keep moving farther south everytime it snowed. Next move will be an island....
Here's some moreView attachment 151584 Florida. Pedestrian bridge to the beach view.
I ride my bike through that area to Clearwater Beach (from Dunedin) once or twice a week.
Surly4.jpg

I attempted to take my Trek hybrid for a spin at our county park yesterday. The main roads in and around the park were untreated and unscraped, and numerous people driving on them had packed them down, and several days of the freeze/thaw/refreeze cycle had turned long stretches into a sheet of ice. It was like trying to ride on a skating rink. I tried riding in the snow-covered grass along the edge of the roads, but even with the fatter 700x50 tires on the Trek, the going was tough. My planned 13+ miles ended up being 2. I did manage to pedal up a short but steep snow-covered path from the amphitheater to the main road. It was still pretty, and I got a few good images.

verve 2.jpg

verve.jpg

DSCF3937B.jpg

barn snow 2.jpg

We are 6 weeks ahead of the usual melt off this year. We got no appreciable snow this year and with a few days in the 40s F, well it made for good street riding on the side roads. Because of the potential for salt damage I'm using my $98 Kent. Last year at this time the snow banks here were over the top of my pickup cab. Now it’s only up to my wheels.
20210309_132749.jpg

last year a month from now, April 18, 2020.
20200418_124306.jpg

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back