Let's see your SpaceLiners

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Yes I know its a girls bike but the chrome is cool.
spaceliner1.jpg

spaceliner2.jpg

There can never be TOO much Spaceliner stuff.

My Build Off 7 entry Flex-Liner 7 (The TwinFlex Spaceliner)

aIMG_8088.jpg

aIMG_8069.jpg

Kingfish, that's really nice. Great work. Your backgrounds. Is the fountains the new market area in savannah? The house; is it the one from "Midnight in the garden of Good and evil?"

1918 Ranger

1918 Ranger said:
Kingfish, that's really nice. Great work. Your backgrounds. Is the fountains the new market area in savannah? The house; is it the one from "Midnight in the garden of Good and evil?"

1918 Ranger

Thank you sir! Yes, the fountain is Ellis Square near City Market. The house is not the Mercer House. It is the old Fox and Weeks Funeral home that is now part of "The Mansion" hotel on teh East side of Forsyth Park.
If you want to see more of Savannah, go to my BO7 Finished bike thread. It pretty easy to find a cool backdrop in Savannah.

Awesome Spaceliners, I have one but it's not done or anything because I just want it rideable for now so what is on it is not the way I really want it.

I am a fan of the movie & shows Stargate so mine is called the Gateliner, I would like to have a blue band two speed,, rat trap fork, paint blue clear coat over it if there is some and a little Stargate on the front if I ever had the money to do it.

IMG_20120701_143800.jpg

Kngtmat, that chrome looks to be in awesome shape on your liner!!! If you paint any of it, you might want to consider Dulicolor adhesion promoter (clear primer basically) with a top coat of Duplicolor Metalcast. That's what I used on part of my chrome. If you get forks that are not chrome, the use the Duplicolor Metalcast Ground Coat as your base instead of the adhesion promoter. That is wha tI used on my 1940s forks. Good luck!! These are one of my favorite frames. Have fun with it.

This is my RRBO6 build last year. Still one of my favorite bikes & always will be one of my farovite frames!

finished001.jpg

kingfish254 said:
Kngtmat, that chrome looks to be in awesome shape on your liner!!! If you paint any of it, you might want to consider Dulicolor adhesion promoter (clear primer basically) with a top coat of Duplicolor Metalcast. That's what I used on part of my chrome. If you get forks that are not chrome, the use the Duplicolor Metalcast Ground Coat as your base instead of the adhesion promoter. That is wha tI used on my 1940s forks. Good luck!! These are one of my favorite frames. Have fun with it.

Thanks for the info, the chome doesn't look as good as it does in the pic, it has tons of scratching in the chrome like it was somewhat sanded for the od green paint that was on it.

Where the bars are at the headtube looks the worse from where it was rusted before and one bar looks like it was welded a little, maybe because something happened when the person who had it before me made into a Klunker rode it really hard but the frame is still seems to be tough enough & keeps going strong.

As I first got it

New bars, grips, rear hub, stainless spokes, tires, removed rack

And new seat with matching grips. I'm thinking I'm done now

Latest posts

Back