Let's see your Western Flyer's

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
This is my 30's Western Flyer restoration with the shelby airflo style frame.
IMG_0654.jpg

Westflyer1.jpg

freakleaf said:
This is my 50s Western Flyer tanker. I love the jet plane stensil
westernflyerjetplaneoriginal.jpg
lol i have the same bike
2012-04-11173724.jpg
[/quote]

Thats great
Is that a rocket on the chain guard?? AWESOME

Has this first one been restored? Its in imaculate condition. A great job if so OR A great survivor if original

aka_locojoe said:
These 2 belong to friends of ours.

western_flyer2.jpg

104_0403.JPG

freakleaf said:
This is my 50s Western Flyer tanker. I love the jet plane stensil
westernflyerjetplaneoriginal.jpg
lol i have the same bike
2012-04-11173724.jpg
[/quote]

I recently found another of the jet plane W/F's Jet plane tanker It has a little more work to be done on it. I will probably restore it and have an original and a Restored.
westernflyerjettanker2.jpg

westernflyerjettanker1.jpg

freakleaf said:
i wish i had the skill level to restore mine propper

I'm sure you can. Just locate a reasonable plateing shop for your metals. Check out Memory Lane Classis in Michigan for all the parts you might need and let the paint fly.

1918 Ranger said:
freakleaf said:

I'm sure you can. Just locate a reasonable plateing shop for your metals. Check out Memory Lane Classis in Michigan for all the parts you might need and let the paint fly.
if it wasnt for the jet & rocket on the tank & chain guard i could do it, this is one if im gonna do it im gonna do it right. how are you gonna do the jet on the tank?

freakleaf said:
1918 Ranger said:
freakleaf said:

if it wasnt for the jet & rocket on the tank & chain guard i could do it, this is one if im gonna do it im gonna do it right. how are you gonna do the jet on the tank?
I think I will first etch it out on a piece of paper by laying paper on the tank and drawing it as I see it through the paper. Then good pics to replicate and try to paint it myself or if unable to do it good enough my self, Ill try to find a local artist to assist me. Someone cheap but better than me.

Good question though. Memory Lanes have a lot of decals but im sure this is one they wont have so the painted version will have to do i guess.

right on, i mite half to give it a shoot heck i've got risd down the street i'm sure one of them can paint the graphics

My 46ish Flyer. I didnt build it, bought it from a member on here. My favorite bike,so far. Im building a womans bike,for my wife,in original colors. White and dark red. Got from the original owners family.
mine
DSCI0343.jpg

hers,before. Clear being put on this weekend. Pics to follow
DSCI0353.jpg

Latest posts

Back