++ LiL Tigers ++

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Man, you guys wouldn't believe what i paid for the whole thing! And the training wheels are not for sale. They are gonna get chromed, planning for an over-restoration on this one. Should look mighty pretty when done. I do have one dilemma though, I found out tonite that it is a 1968 which is great for my Krate plans, but the apple krates had white seats in 68 and then red from 69-73.. Both covers are available reproduction, but I'm not sure which color to go with.

Thanks, Jon

Lil' rat rod said:
I do have one dilemma though, I found out tonite that it is a 1968 which is great for my Krate plans, but the apple krates had white seats in 68 and then red from 69-73.. Both covers are available reproduction, but I'm not sure which color to go with.

Thanks, Jon

... honestly I liked the silver glitter with the color matched stripes but that's just what I think looks best, do what you think is best man, sounds like it's gonna be a head turner either way :)

Hello everone I'm new to this forum and wanted to share what I have. Haven't had a chance to do anything to them yet.
IMAG0595.jpg

T2eC16ZkE9s4BD1oBQu7szLg60_57.jpg

Hey guys, I just recently restarted my resto-modification of a 67 Lil Tiger for my soon-to-be 3 yr old boy. Essentially everything painted is now polished and copper plated; everything else is rechromed.

Here is the latest, still working on the seat restoration and sourcing a missing sissy bar:

AWESOME lil tiger Josh :shock: :shock: :shock: Your kids are gonna look cool on that shiny new toy !!!

Forgot to post a finished pic of my boys bike, stole some training wheels off a 16" schwinn, had to bend them a bit and drill new holes for the wheel bolts ... and then had to cut a little off the bars to keep it from chirping and catching on scattered gravel. He likes it a lot so that's all I care about :)

943488_10201224788886039_1482044655_n.jpg

Cool bikes. I've posted my kids' in a couple of places, but here's our L'il Tiger in front of my oldest girl's L'il Chik:

Two Purple Stingrays by sunliner500, on Flickr

My dad had new solid tires put on it before he gifted it to us. As far as I know everything's original on it.

Had this pair but traded them away last year...
c1bd6f81.jpg

62493208.jpg

Then this year I found this Lil Gem at a show.
8da940a403ab4de022ab05a9d179ba07.jpg

Last edited:
16238380665_d295b76ff7.jpg
I know this thread is old, but I just wanted to show off the Lil Tiger we gave our son for Christmas. Original paint, we switched out the original wheels (though I still have them) for the pneumatics with the coaster brake. The seat was beyond trashed and sadly the NOS seats were just too expensive to justify so we did a glitter with the copper tone S instead.

Where did you get that seat? I need a new seat for my Lil' Tiger. Also the whitewalls and coaster setup doesn't have fitting issues with the training wheels?

Latest posts

Back