long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (5-30 hubcaps? and a request)

gotta use the caps.

go with the hub caps - looks great

I'll install the hubcaps when you're sleeping if you don't.

caps! why are you deciding to use wheel discs? it looks fine as is.

allright! caps it is.

but i still want those wheel discs too... i want it to be the craziest x-53 on earth!

i also need a kick stand... and a tail light.

kickstands are for ladies bikes :D no just kidding i was going to not do a kickstand on mine then i realized how it sucks when we are all on a ride to find a place to lean it up aganst. as for wheel disks i dont have any sorry

dude, is that your Tucker!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

dwaynev said:
naw man, thats a '53 Buick Eight.

dwaynev wrote:

naw man, thats a '53 Buick Eight.

You're both right. :D

There's a photo of each one.

i wondered how long i could hold out talking about the pictures

the tucker is a replica made for the movie, it was donated to the tucker club by a surviving tucker family member..

the black buick is a 48 roadmaster, its mine.

the silver car under the cover is a 58 buick limited convertible. also in these pictures you can see a 58 cadillac and a 95 buick roadmaster.

i need to be whipped. ive been messing with this silly thing instead of the x-53...

millitarymotor.jpg

i was all over the place today, i found the time to stop by ye old surplus electronics shoppe'!

i picked a big headlight for a reason....
stuff.jpg

ive yet to remove the headlight, but im wondering if i should put the battery and switch on the tank or on the light itself. if it goes in the tank, there will be a cloth covered wire going in to the headlight.

im hoping that the old tarnished reflector within the headlight will reflect well with this..
whitelight.jpg

hoooowwwwwhhhhaaauuuuttt? a 2 position switch?
switch.jpg

thats right, a red light! i want to run both led pods inside the headlight and the dual position switch will be used to turn on the red or white lights. i think the red light would kind of give it that "meat wagon" look
redlight.jpg

the deadline is LOOMING and im starting to feel the burn, i still need to make my tail light, paint a few more things and add a bit more bolt on bologna...

i realize this is kind of a boring update, so heres my girl enjoying the old 38 hawthorne!
paula.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-6 headlight guts)

i took the headlight off the bike and ripped in to it, i didnt take any pictures of the rip down but imagine me standing there in the hot garage swearing and jabbing myself with a flathead screw driver.

so i got both of the LED pods semi secured in the lens housing and found out that the 2 9 volt batterys used to power the lights wouldent fit in the headlight so i decided they should be in the tank

my first order of business was to take the evil drill to my virgin horn tank - however it is afterall just a bicycle.
switchmount.jpg

then i went on to routing the wires through the back of the headlight and mounting the pods
unlitnolens.jpg

after a bit of confusion i figured out the wires and put the lens back on

i wasnt too happy with the white light, but i suppose it will keep me out of trouble with the donut gobblers.
whitelighton.jpg

the red light is wicked and i think it adds another funky level to my bike
redlighton.jpg

as for my last post.. my girlfriend checked the thread and said "show me riding the x53!" so here
paula2.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-9 the headlight works!)

She has good sense. That is a good looking bike. I am really curious as to how much it weighs.

Latest posts

Back