long, low and slow x-53 (7-21 done)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-9 the headlight works!)

she did/does but because i posted her on the hawth, she only felt it right to post a picture of her on the x-53.

in other news, i need connectors for that switch, because my soldering skills arent what the used to be!

looks sweet! it adds another kustom touch.

its so .... hot out i could barely be outside long enough to do this!

i finally got around to soldering the connections up to the switch and i thought i was going to mess it up. but i did an ok job, channeling my grandfather. i also glued the pods to the headlight reflector housing. as soon as the silicon dries, im going to button it all up then start the laborious task of taking apart the back end to paint the backs of the tins. also, i still have to pinstripe the rear fender.

paste.jpg

not pretty, but no one will see it.

solder.jpg

again, not pretty... but no one will see it...seems to be a bit of a trend with me.

red.jpg

switch it forward and you have red light

white.jpg

switch it back, you have white.

another thing im actually happy about is that the switch is pretty sensitive so you can toggle it for a red/white strobe effect. in addition to looking cool, weighing a ton and riding like a cadillac, it will have a seizure inducing headlight... YES.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-13 the seizure switch headlight)

sweated it out and put it all together.

i need to do something about these wires, im thinking about using some motorcycle heat wrap to wrap the wires- but i think it looks fine for now.
photoe.jpg

white
photo-3.jpg

red
photos.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-13 headlight done and installed)

I'd just drill a hole in the fender close to the headlight base put a grommet on and run the wires under the fender to the back of the headtube. Or just use some cable clips and run them along the fender line to the back of the headtube.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-13 headlight done and installed)

tore the back end apart to paint the backs of the tins, im happy with it. i also installed the other hub cap.

phoddto.jpg

woo

photdo.jpg

and

photo-4.jpg

im getting close to being done but i have a few parts on order from epay. the end is in sight.

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-16 now with video!)

got this cool reflector off the cabe, i was going to put it on my 38 hawth, but i thought it looked pretty cool on the old x. my tail light idea has to take a back seat to real life.

2e8c2491.jpg

1ef462be.jpg

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (6-18 mudflap)

can i ask you something and maybe i missed it. why when you do the updates and put the date do you put the wrong month? arn't we in the 7th month or am i missing something? or is it a way to trick other builders into thinking they have another month to build? ahhhhhh sneaky sneaky nice bike love the addition to the rear fender. i like to think of your bike as a dresser all accessorized out think kustom merc then there are the striped down lowered droped rats sorta like no fender cars. too cool and i still think the best thing about this bike is the color combo well done!!

Re: long, low and slow x-53 (7-18 mudflap)

hahaahha isnt my face red, or is that just because ive been outside digging tree stumps all day... ever since i stopped working for "the man" i dont really keep track of days or months. thats my excuse and im sticking to it! :shock:

its all good i am red too at this point in the game. anyways i wondered because it had been going on for a long time and thought there was a joke behind it because no one said anything. lol the joke is on us and those who think they have more time to build :lol:

haha i only know it s the 7th month cuz my birthday was on thursday, i turned 16 on the 16th! :lol:

the bars came off of an electra rat rod that my friend was parting out years ago, i think they are standard moon bars p/c'd black

This is one of my favorites. Good work.

Latest posts

Back