Looking for Excellent Condition Huffy Thunder Road and similar MX

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Hi

Looking for Excellent condition Huffy Thunder Road and similar MX bikes. P.M. me and also can call or text me at 847-401-1332
Thanks

Here is what I am looking for. Any help would be appreciated . I have Paypal.
Thanks

Attachments

• My Huffy Thunder Road 4 G.jpg
    My Huffy Thunder Road 4 G.jpg
    179.4 KB · Views: 205
  • Murray Super Cat.jpg
    Murray Super Cat.jpg
    172.5 KB · Views: 194
  • Murray XM 2000.jpg
    Murray XM 2000.jpg
    62.3 KB · Views: 190
Do you still have the bandit? I just picked up the Maxx bandit, would love a Bandit as well.

Although not Huffy or Murray I do have a bone stock 1976 Garton Fox "Fox Chopper" for sale.
dscn03405b14851a1b_lg.jpg

Garton Fox USA Built in Wisconsin. Garton Fox Corporation 1976 Fox Chopper in original condition. Garton Fox Corporation, now defunct was located in Jamesville and Milwaukee Wisconsin. The Moto Cross line of MX style bikes were manufactured in Milwaukee Wisconsin. After searching for this exact bike, and was unable to find it, "I only found one other". I was stumped buy the differing full length chain guard, Murray style chain ring, and fork between the Silver Fox and Free Spirit Moto Cross bikes also built by Garton Fox, I thought I had a Franken bike. But after looking at the 1975 Montgomery Ward Silver Fox, and the 1977 Sears 1975 Free Spirit Moto Cross bikes and noticing the differences; it drove me crazy. Feeling I had an original equipment bike, and not a spray can painted frankinbike, I searched and searched until I stumbled on a web site (oldminibikes.com) where a member posted a pic of the exact same bike as mine but with a little more for wear on it. His frame still has the center number plate tab on the seat tube. The poster stated it was a 76 Fox Chopper and that he still had the brochure for it. They came all black. Ill put a pic of his as the last two pictures of his very rare, now known 76 Fox Chopper with a chain guard and different chain wheel. Turns out it is a 1976 Fox Chopper offering. During this Fox search, I found about 8 different styles and differing brandings of this general moto cross style bike, the others were export models built by Garton Fox for other company branding. I also found out that Garton Fox manufactured the long fork muscle bikes (late 70's-mid 80's) sold in department stores as well. One other thing I found out is that; not all frames have a factory serial number on them. The picture of the manual is for a Silver Fox and is only for reference of manufacture name and plant location.
s-l16005b15705baf_lg.jpg

The bike is 48 pounds, not repainted and all original. 500.00 plus shipping or you arrange pick up and shipping. Try to find another exactly like this original one.

No not yet. I want to make sure I can find the chain guard for it and what ever little things might be missing.
here is the one I just picked up.

Attachments

• DSCN0365.JPG
    DSCN0365.JPG
    389.9 KB · Views: 154

Latest posts

Back