Looking for help with value on two bikes

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
It's been a while since I've posted. Today, while driving around, I came up on a guy selling a lot of bike. He had only two that sparked my interest.

The first is a Columbia 24" girls bike. All original. Not a skip tooth. The rear fender isn't really straight, but straight enough.
IMG_0975.JPG

The second is a boys 24" Schwinn Spitfire. This one's suffering from BFD, but it's still a rideable bike.
IMG_0976.JPG

Before I buy them, I'd like to know what they're worth since I plan on flipping them. If they were 26" bikes, I wouldn't be so reserved at the price that he's asking for these 24" bikes.

I'd like to know asap as I need to get a hold of the guy tomorrow morning at the latest.

Thanks.

I don't know what they're worth, but I know what I'd be willing to pay if it were me. Maybe $100 for the boys and $60 for the girls.

That bmx bike in the back with the red mags would probably be better at flipping then those two combined. If you could get it for a decent price. vintage bmx stuff is $$ right now.

Pinche said:
That bmx bike in the back with the red mags would probably be better at flipping then those two combined. If you could get it for a decent price. vintage bmx stuff is $$ right now.

+1 on the BMX stuff.

But $25-$35 for the girl's 24" and $50-$75 for the other. :roll:

Something is worth what somebody will pay for it.

the green one is nice and yes the red mags on that schwinn scrambler would fetch around 75-100 bucks

If it was well cleaned and the fork was straight, you could probably get a hundred for the Wasp some places. If I was looking at buying bikes, I'd be tempted at 75.

The fastback looks like a single speed, say is this guy asking big bucks for his stuff?

I have no clue about BMX bikes. What would be a good price, with a flip in mind, to pay for the red wheeled BMX and the blue fastback? I can call the guy tomorrow and ask.

If you plan on flipping them, the blue ladies' Schwinn behind the girl's Columbia would be a better buy (depending on price). Find a chainguard, and market the two Schwinns together.

is this guy a collector who trimming the collection? Or just someone trying to cleanout the backyard.?

The guy just collects them for fun. They're on his mother's property. He lives about 45 minutes away. He doesn't have any high dollar bikes. I think that he's just trying to clear them out from his mother's property and get some cash in his pocket.

It's hard to tell what the BMX bikes are from these photos.

Depending on the brand, they could be worth $200 plus each.

If they are bike store brand bikes like Schwinn, Diamondback, GT, etc then they are worth grabbing.

Latest posts

Back