Looking for Street tires for my 29er? White Walls?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Does anyone know if the make tires that are not Nobbies? Like a nice white wall beach cruiser tire in a 29 Inch. Looking for some good leads.

I'm looking for white walls myself and have had no luck. The tires I have are 29x2.25 and I believe that converts to 700x55. However, it seems like those are often listed as 28." Really confused and could use a good lead on white walls

There are Halo twin rails, they have a tread pattern similar to a K-Rad, but with solid rails in the center to give a better pavement ride (K-Rad's are fairly smooth on the streets without the rails).

large_107109_20170127030029.jpg

Jason

My STR-29 came with vee tire speedsters, a gumwall microknobby. My understanding is that these were available in 29" as a black/whitewall briefly, but not currently. There are these brown/whitewalls, however. These ride smooooth.

Speedster-Brow-tread-white-wall-2.jpg

Jason

There are Halo twin rails, they have a tread pattern similar to a K-Rad, but with solid rails in the center to give a better pavement ride (K-Rad's are fairly smooth on the streets without the rails).

Jason

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jason

I stumbled onto those Halos after my post. I think those will work. Thx

My STR-29 came with vee tire speedsters, a gumwall microknobby. My understanding is that these were available in 29" as a black/whitewall briefly, but not currently. There are these brown/whitewalls, however. These ride smooooth.

Speedster-Brow-tread-white-wall-2.jpg

Jason

Those look good. I found the Halos but this would have a great choice to go with brown seat and grips

I'm looking for white walls myself and have had no luck. The tires I have are 29x2.25 and I believe that converts to 700x55. However, it seems like those are often listed as 28." Really confused and could use a good lead on white walls
The Schwalbe Fat Franks, as mentioned above, have came in several colors. The ones marked/sold as 28 x 2.0 fit 29ers as well. 700c, 28" (continental europe, there is a british 28" that is different :confused:) and 29" are all ETRTO 622 sized tires, and interchangeable.

Jason

Edited twice for missing info

Last edited:
I have been dancing around this issue for the last couple weeks....

And for the record, as always, RustyJason is correct and knows his stuff. The Halo is the only BLACK whitewall I found. Schwalbe has the cream and brown/white.

My issue complicated severely since I'm doing a staggered 29/26 combo. Sheeesh it was murder finding a match, especially in a matching width!

I too went Schwalbe. 29x2.35 Big Apple front and 26x2.35 Fat Frank in the rear! Same reflective strip and sidewall appearance and kinda like a mountain bike, steer and speed front, traction in back....will post pics.

For the record, no ad asked for, but I found Schwalbe online at Planet. I did alot, alot of research. I didn't give their whole name.as I am not paid for that lol.....but an extensive Schwalbe selection priced well. Was like $58 shipped for the pair, new. Js

20170507_191405.jpg

Schwalbe Big Apple!

(Closer tire) Has a good rolling street tread, and the reflective strip is super bright and cool. Has a "level 4" kevlar guard. Running it in the front. We'll see....

Latest posts

Back