Loopy He-Man

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

yoothgeye

I build stuff.
Reaction score
I guess I’ll build a bike. I’ve been sitting on this one for a few years. It’s a tank. A Jamis Boss Explorer. Originally a 5 speed, I plan to make it a single speed cruiser. It has some BMX cues and some MTB cues. I’m going to try to erase the MTB stuff like the bottle cage and I’d really like to swap the rear dropouts for rear facing, but I don’t know if i’m going through that hassle.
FE3D7382-5131-4E90-BA44-2FD20A7CE4C1.jpeg

F9596BAF-845F-4E26-83F4-C8D635327968.jpeg

CA224FB8-75BA-478F-BB80-DCB9F1EA605F.jpeg

60460C54-00EE-4D51-83EC-667CCEFC70D9.jpeg

It' been 10 years since our freshman build off. Glad to see you joining in the fun!
I've never seen that looptail frame before. I dig it.

Lovely frame, shame about the welding - but it is like begging to be worked on. Great choice :)

It' been 10 years since our freshman build off. Glad to see you joining in the fun!
I've never seen that looptail frame before. I dig it.

I have made a few diamond frames into faux 26” BMX bikes but the common thread is that they are all too big, this is a smaller frame and should do nicely.

Lovely frame, shame about the welding

It took me a couple minutes to realize you were talking about the factory welds. I quit concerning myself with initial build quality many years ago because 1) I build junk from junk (no high end stuff) and 2) I’m a big believer that form follows function. I’m just glad it’s strong. Haha

It took me a couple minutes to realize you were talking about the factory welds. I quit concerning myself with initial build quality many years ago because 1) I build junk from junk (no high end stuff) and 2) I’m a big believer that form follows function. I’m just glad it’s strong. Haha
Yes, me too, the Romet Jubilats I love and use the most have the worst design of supporting the lower steering bearing I have seen on a bike.... but it doesn't seem to put me off.

Latest posts

Back