'Love the beast' drive in premiere (pics)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
There's new doco out called 'love the beast', which looks at Aussie actor Eric Bana's relationship with his XB Falcon Coupe (the car Mad Max's car was based on). If you're a gearhead, it's well worth checking out! A film critic wont regard it as perfect, but it's a great exploration of why folks like us get so .... attached to stuff like old cars and bikes. And quite franfly, its just awesome to see some Aussie muscle on the big screen!

Check out the films website (including trailer)
http://www.lovethebeast.com.au/

Anyways Aussie mag Street Machine held a couple of drive in nights to debut the film. Despite the fact it was pissing down rain on the way home from work, the skies cleared and great selection of Aussie streeters rocked up for the night. Awesome! :D

Lovethebeast005.jpg

Lovethebeast006.jpg

Lovethebeast021.jpg

Lovethebeast022.jpg

Lovethebeast026.jpg

Lovethebeast029.jpg

Lovethebeast052.jpg

Lovethebeast060.jpg

Lovethebeast062.jpg

Lovethebeast063.jpg

Lovethebeast065.jpg

Lovethebeast066.jpg

Lovethebeast076.jpg

Lovethebeast081.jpg

Lovethebeast082.jpg

Lovethebeast087.jpg

Lovethebeast091.jpg

Lovethebeast093.jpg

Lovethebeast094.jpg

Floyd said:
Awesome pics. but...uh...the steering wheels are on the wrong side :mrgreen:
Thats what i was thinkin :lol:
Pretty cool lookin cars man is that blue mach 1 from the states? or do you guys have those also?
The New Pontiac GTO over here is based on the same platform as the Holden from your fine country. Except the steering wheel is on the left side :mrgreen:

Man, that '35 Ford Phaeton is beautiful. What's up with the custom aircleaner hoods?, kinda like a ghetto shaker hood I guess :roll:

maddogrider said:
is that blue mach 1 from the states? or do you guys have those also?
Nah the mach 1 would have been an import.

What's up with the custom aircleaner hoods?, kinda like a ghetto shaker hood I guess
These?

Lovethebeast021.jpg

Set ups like these are relatively common in Oz. The cops and rego authorities take a dim view of scoops which might impair driver vision, or engine bits which might pose a hazzard to pedestrians. In NSW (my state) we also have annual rego checks on all cars to make sue they're still legal and 'roadworthy', and they can only be done by certified/accredited mechanics. Air cleaners which just poke out of the hood like these offer significant performance advantages without raising the ire of the local constabulary :wink:

cool, but you nead mooore mopar.

That looks great to see a drive in full of those old cars, up here they're always full of ricers.

Aussie cars are ausome!

I especially like the great pains they go through to convert american cars to right hand drive.

Plymouth A-body ute. I'd love to get my hands on one of these and convert it to a left hand drive valiant or dart.
Lovethebeast052.jpg

Larry said:
Aussie cars are ausome!

I especially like the great pains they go through to convert american cars to right hand drive.

Plymouth A-body ute. I'd love to get my hands on one of these and convert it to a left hand drive valiant or dart.
Lovethebeast052.jpg

That's a Ford Ute. XW or XY model (Still a cool car, but not as nice as a Chrysler product :wink: )

Here's a link to a Valiant ute:

http://memimage.cardomain.com/ride_imag ... _large.jpg

Latest posts

Back