lucky 13 (formerly the destiny build)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
well if ya havent seen enough pictures of this already, here she is again.
lucky 13.

build thread..... viewtopic.php?f=21&t=15265&start=0

she's come along way from the tiny little compact 26er, with bent forks and holes in the frame that showed up on my door step.
IMG_4539.jpg

now shes equiped with springer front end 3x24" fireballs and a custom carved gaboon ebony skull on a suicide coaster front brake.
IMG_0108.jpg

IMG_0100.jpg

custom grips and and old bell
IMG_0109.jpg

laid back seat post and a sturmey aw 3 speed hub with modified suntour (n.o.s.) shift stick
IMG_0105.jpg

custom wood (with brass accents) and an old motorcycle fire extinguiser finish it off just right.
IMG_0104.jpg

IMG_0103.jpg

thought this one was worthy of the bike gallery.

enjoy! i have :) :) :)

Lots of cool details. The number plate mounted right there is a great idea to dress up the "other" side of the bike. Does it take quite of bit of pull -strength to make the coaster brake work well.

by advancing the chain on the cog, i can ajust the front brake.
it slows me down without much effort, but its certainly not a quick stop (for obvious reasons)
a 2 finger pull would be more than enough strength to engage the brake/slow ya down.

here in london its law to have lights on your bikes at night. the extinguiser is hollow and i heated it up to pop the top and bottom off (for mounting purposes) i thought about using it for batteries for a rear light, and then remembered i had a few tiny speakers.
IMG_0110.jpg

i might end up building another ruby amp and making yet another onboard mp3 system inside it.
the place i get my parts from has been outta stock for 4 months, so it will have to wait for another day.

ruby amp http://www.runoffgroove.com/ruby.html

i liked the idea of using the bent fork, but im glad you went with the springer instead. this is a really cool looking bike!! nice work!!

Easy E

took 13 for a spin around the stomping grounds.
IMG_0115-1.jpg

stopped for a back bacon on a bun at my fav. eatery. bill (the owner)is a wiz on the grill and he really admires the bikes. he always comes out to check em out, no matter how busy he is.
IMG_0112.jpg

had a couple offers to purchase the bike while i ate, even got a couple leads on a few old bikes.
lots of compliments!
swung by my local drug pusher (cancer sticks and coke-in the red can):)
IMG_0113.jpg

rode by alittle hotty. she said and i quote "that bike is f'ing dirty"
by the smile on her face i can only gather thats a good thing. :)

amazing bike i love details and this bike has tons. well done and the front brake is awsome

nah spyder i'm much further north. (london ontario canada) i'm about 2.5 hours due east of detroit.

low_life said:
That is a sweet build. I really like it. Just to let you know i'm stealing that front break for my trike i LOVE it hope you don't mind

hey thats what rrb is all about, sharing idea's. i wish i could take the credit for the coaster as a front brake. i saw it here first, i just put my own spin on it with the chian etc. i'm flattered, really. i wish i could find the post with the one that inspired the concept. the post said something about the lever needing ajustment/experimentation.
if ya know it, please let me know.
most if not all my inspiration came from you tallented folks here on rrb. without all the great builds here, lucky 13 never would have happened. its just my take on the many wonderful builds that happen here day to day.

thx for all the support and kind words. ya should however, give yourselves alittle credit. well done guys!

That bike is a thing of beauty! Everything is so proportional and all the parts look like they belong! Great job!! :D

thx guys, cant tell ya how much fun i had doing this one, its not my normal style, but i think it should be. :)
can't wait for the next project.

This is nice. I like the front brake setup and 13 is my number I've used racing cars, bikes and pumpkins...yes pumpkins. Anyways good bump skipton for a nice ride.

Latest posts

Back