Lunch time score, Eric Malone Electra...now fortified with Sunny Garcia!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RustyGold

Epic Level Bike Hoarder! 🏆
Pro Member
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
22   0   0
This thing has been hanging on CL for over a couple weeks...and it is rare that something of interest to me is actually...local, instead of local-ish. So...I picked it up. probably overpaid, but it is in pretty good shape.

IMG_20180424_195635691.jpg

...now...fenders and reflectors have to go, and some decent tires...and probably do away with the Eric Malone sticker, since I don't know who the heck he is :confused:.

Jason

Nice find. I agree about losing the fenders... pretty sure they're an add-on anyway.... I might leave the "Eric Malone". Seems to be part of the theme of the bike... unless you're planning on redoing the whole bike anyway. Looks cool with the red white and blue theme

The only other one I saw when I googled it was fenderless and had knobby tires... definitely looks better that way in my opinion

I think it is supposed to be klunkery, with the bmx style straight forks and such. It is a very traditional 3-bar frame with nice welds...not like a lot of the modern 'inspired by' bikes with the big frame tubes and weird curves and such. Really, the euro bracket is the only instant give-a-way.

I thought this guy would get more looks...I figured for sure the paint job would draw in the texas contingent, maybe even a couple patriots fans :grin:.

Jason

I've seen a couple of the Sunny Garcia's in the area over the years...but this was my first Eric Malone sighting. Thanks for the ad...I had thought that the Garcia replaced the Malone, I didn't realize they ran concurrently at some point.

Jason

This thing has been hanging on CL for over a couple weeks...and it is rare that something of interest to me is actually...local, instead of local-ish. So...I picked it up. probably overpaid, but it is in pretty good shape.

View attachment 73805

...now...fenders and reflectors have to go, and some decent tires...and probably do away with the Eric Malone sticker, since I don't know who the heck he is :confused:.

Jason

That’s old man Malones’ boy. [emoji16]

You're on a roll!
... I'm trying not to purchase it. I'm broke, out of room, and broke (did I say that twice?). That said, there are four bikes that I'd love to snag right now...this... @irideiam 's CWC (shhhh... don't tell him)...a L.W. Keenan badged Colson Heavy Service out of SF...and a 26" Truth BMX on eBay.

First World problems,
Jason

Edit - the Sunny Garcia is gone...which for this area was really quick. I may have to curtail what I say on these forums, someone may be paying attention :blackeye: :grin:

Last edited:
So, I've had the Eric Malone back at the house for the last month...and I've been really bummed that I didn't have a shiny shop cruiser anymore...so...
IMG_20180614_192616075.jpg

...this is the same bike that I posted earlier from CL. Thought it sold quick as it disappeared. Turns out the guy had some medical deal and pulled all his ads. Well, he got healthy and put them back up...I couldn't pass on it for the price. It's been riding around in my Mustang trunk for a week...pulled it out and put it back together... return of the shiny shop cruiser!

Jason

Latest posts

Back