March Shootout IV discussion

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
10   0   0
Nothing earthshaking here as far as rules.

This is an "Anything Goes" bicycle build off with few rules.
First picture posted March 1st or later captioned "I'm in."
Posting progress pictures along the way is encouraged
(almost mandatory) and we'll all be in one thread together.
and on March 31st or before, final picture captioned "I'm done."
You can enter any bike in any condition,
but all changes/ upgrades must be made during the 31 day build off.

A voting thread with finished pics will be compiled afterwards.
A trophy titled "Rat Supreme" will be awarded to the winner
of the most votes garnered in a 1 week period.

Carl.

The Unofficial Shootout will be using the Central Standard Time zone for the beginning and end...

Let me know what you guys think... Ain't much time to decide but I can put a thread up in minutes so just say...

Carl.

Last edited:
I guess one vote now is too little too late?
I've always got a build or two ready, I'm gearing up for the Main Buildoff now. But 30 days wait with nothing to do but watch the popularity vote is boring to me. So if we get one more contestant to join in, I'll fire up a thread to post in.

Carl.

16464120734408087386582727834987.jpg

Got this 2 speed kickback hub I'll think I'll use instead of the 3 speed I was thinking of, mostly because there's no brake bridge to hang a caliper on the old Shelby frame. I can run the SA 3 speed on my next buildoff bike it has the bridge. Did I mention I'm finally rebuilding my Spaceliner for the "Big" buildoff?

Carl.

View attachment 187583
Got this 2 speed kickback hub I'll think I'll use instead of the 3 speed I was thinking of, mostly because there's no brake bridge to hang a caliper on the old Shelby frame. I can run the SA 3 speed on my next buildoff bike it has the bridge. Did I mention I'm finally rebuilding my Spaceliner for the "Big" buildoff?

Carl.
Love spaceliners.

I would be interested as I’m always messing with something, but unfortunately I’m away two weeks this month.
Flying home tonight, and have training next week for Azure. My time is limited, but will find an hour or two here or there todo something.

For an Anything goes build, even a simple mod works. Paint your cranks. Change your bars. Not a big commit like a buildoff.

Latest posts

Back