Mash Banger "Last Act"

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Mash Banger

This is almost turning into a Steam Punk build.
Looking great!

Lookin’ great, Kuttnhack! Artist at work! 8)

Please give some more info about the engine . . . displacement, horsepower, max R.P.M., etc. It does looks like one made by the “Faux Motor & Equipment Company, Limited”. One of their earlier designs when they rebuilt the London factory after World War II. :p

Do you have something in mind for those big holes in the sides of the tank . . . let me know! Soon! :wink:

This thing is looking pretty darn neato.I did notice that your bottom bracket cups seem to be on the wrong sides.The drive side should have the single cup and the non-drive should have the one with the lockring.Other that that,like i said this has sure caught my eye as a build to watch.Keep the updates coming.
-Kreep-

Great observation Kreep. Thanks so much for the heads up. I was really tired and it was getting dark after working on the Cyclefest trophies and Mash banger on Sunday. I had the hardest time getting those cups in. They just would not seem to start. I just thought it was me being tired. Crossthreading right threads and left threads ain't good. I don't have bottom bracket taps to clean up the threads if that's what I did. This could be a little problem! Anyway check out the faux fuel line. Thanks Fireproof for the motor history. I'll get back to you guys with the details and specs. I'm just a little rattled over this spindle cup thing.
FuelLine003.jpg
FuelLine002.jpg
FuelLine001.jpg
FuelLine004.jpg

You better watch out for Boss Hogg if you plan on ridin' that rolling still through Hazard County.
Lookin extra sharp there!

Thanks kingfish, Could you watch out for Boss Hogg? Cause if I'm in Hazard County I'll be watching for Daisy Duke.

It's funny how things come together. I named the bike after the English favorite Bangers and Mash which is English sausages and mash potatoes I think. I'm pretty sure when White Lightning is made it starts with mash. And I guess you could call the distilling of the mash into the finished product a bang. Now with the double meaning of English Bangers and Mash, twisted and transformed into a rolling still named Mash Banger. You guys are BRILLANT! You can't make this up.

I'll post the motor specs soon so keep watching.

ok ray all your missing is the exhaust. for some reason i keep thinking of one of those old dirt bikes with the high mount exhaust with a chrome heat sheild. looks sick bro

You are on it karfer. I was thinking of filling that little opening under the chain stay / bottom bracket area with some kind of exhaust. Most likely will be working on it today. I'll keep you all posted.

Started the exhaust design. Pulled the faux motor apart to access the interior. Decided to check how bad I screwed up the bearing cups and BB threads. Stupid me, thinking I was doing pedals. Right side right thread, left side left thread. Oops. Stripped down to the frame and to Whits tomorrow to see if I can get a chaser to clean up the threads. Wish me luck.

Kuttnhack said:
Thanks kingfish, Could you watch out for Boss Hogg? Cause if I'm in Hazard County I'll be watching for Daisy Duke.

It's funny how things come together. I named the bike after the English favorite Bangers and Mash which is English sausages and mash potatoes I think. I'm pretty sure when White Lightning is made it starts with mash. And I guess you could call the distilling of the mash into the finished product a bang. Now with the double meaning of English Bangers and Mash, twisted and transformed into a rolling still named Mash Banger. You guys are BRILLANT! You can't make this up.

I'll post the motor specs soon so keep watching.

I was wondering if you meant mash to refer to a still. Funny how things work out. It looks like your tank is your mash still and you are feeding that into your moonshine motor to get a bang.

Good luck with the threads.

Got my cross thread problem solved. I don't think I'll ever forget what I did by not thinking.

Here's a sneak peek of the exhaust.
SneakPreview.jpg

Mash Banger will be at Cyclefest.

dig the exhaust now just find a vw stinger for the megaphone and your golden. kool that your bringing it to cyclefest we will have to get a pic of yours and mine nose to nose. keep it going bro!!!

Last night I started to fabricate the custom exhaust. I started with a old Stanley garage door opener tube that connected by the hex end sliding into the round end. Three or four pieces were spliced to get the full lenght for the garage door height. I notched and welded the tube one notch at a time to get the desired contours. It wraps the frame pretty tight so it won't affect pedaling. Finished it today and I think it looks killer. Hope you guys give it a thumbs up.

This bike is really starting to look like it runs and goes really fast, maybe. Whipped up some nice cottered cranks with a sweet forged horizontal line and Nervar logo in the crank depending on which way the arm is pointing of course. Modified the ten speed chain rings as you can see. Still need to get the fenders stays fabbed and finish the detail work on the tank. I'm getting real close and I pray I make the deadline.
Exhaust007.jpg
Exhaust005.jpg
Exhaust004.jpg
Exhaust003.jpg
Exhaust002.jpg
Exhaust001.jpg
Exhaust008.jpg

Hope you finish on time...This thing is "insanely" COOL!

Okay, your fabricating skills are starting to get on my nerves now. :x

Latest posts

Back