Matti Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's a little bit rough around the edges, but it's mineView attachment 174645
Brodie Omega with a RockShox Recon Gold, mechanical disk brakes and a few other tasty upgrades. The Nameless Hardrock is now searching for a purpose in life
Very nice. Chromag? Truvativ?

Found this one in the wild. I can use almost all the pieces.
IMG_20211022_112820384.jpg

Cantis, maybe crank will go to Daddy Long Legs, fork could possibly get the RockRat rolling in a temporary way. Rack and mounts could be useful for a future resto rat MTB I'm dreaming up as a surprise for Ms Dice. And I've always wanted to do a step through frame bomber/klunker beast thing (bikes do not have gender). I'll probably only toss the grip shift

You know you have the right one when you are out thrifting together, you say, "I'm going to check out the purses" and she doesn't even bat an eyelash.
IMG_20211210_141550439.jpg
This might wind up on Duck Norris, really nice leather. Or might be for me, who knows, 2022 approaching, gotta try new stuff

You know you have the right one when you are out thrifting together, you say, "I'm going to check out the purses" and she doesn't even bat an eyelash. View attachment 180560This might wind up on Duck Norris, really nice leather. Or might be for me, who knows, 2022 approaching, gotta try new stuff
Seems like a nice piece.

I'm a little hesitant to cut it up and remove the straps. I might even wear it as is, I hate having bulky stuff in my pants pockets when I roll
Several folded bills is too much. I rely on an entourage to carry for me. Peeps ask where's my stuff?... 2 bikes back.

Sweet purse baby. I'd rock it💋

Couldn't sign in... repeated wrong user name, hamppy... slippin'

Couldn't sign in... repeated wrong user name, hamppy... slippin
I couldn't tell you my password. Automatically logged in. I have held off replacing my phone so I don't disappear. Time to start Memento style tattoo, I need this stuff.
As far as Physical Stuff is concerned, I like a little tool roll, gotta maintain ThundrrrFleet, I'm the responsible one, some ID, cuz I'm prone to stupid, phone for RRB photos, Herb, cuz Matti, and snax cuz Herb. Plus hydration on almost every ride, and a tube and pump on the trail. My BMX bike is the naked one, if I want to get away from it all.

Last edited:
I carry all the fix it tire/tube stuff in frame, seat, and handlebar bags. This means I get to fix tons of other peoples flats, especially the CO2 carrying crowd. Most have no repair stuff. Phone is an issue, pocket or bag? I don't wear spandex or specialty bicycle clothing so I still have pockets but heavy stuff swinging around as you pedal is not cool. I do wear my purse pants from time to time and yes there is heavy stuff in my pockets until I ride my bike. Cool weather=pants or more likely warm up/athletic pants.

Ron in Winchester, providing the goods once again.
IMG_20220121_124516592~2.jpg

I tell you this: no weather says let's sift through heaps of bike parts like -20°c. I felt bad putting the old dude through that. He was a good sport though, even though he said I can't come back until spring, he still dug one outta the snow heap for me and gave it to me free. That is my secret weapon for the Build Off, so I ain't sharing yet.

We're getting ready to move Lil Thundrrr out of Strider Class at the BMX track, so I picked up this 2013 Norco Diesel 18 for a C note! He'll have to grow into it a bit, but this thing is rad!
IMG_20220402_134400156.jpg

Don't kid yourself this little guy is no kiddie toy. Chromoly frame, high ten fork, Weinman wheels, thick slab dropouts. That's the stuff I likes, and another Canadian in the collection to boot. But what the boys saw:
IMG_20220402_134407904.jpg
IMG_20220402_134425067.jpg

Grumpy Cat sticker headbadge, and Lego block valve caps. Deal=sealed. I'm glad I scored it cheap, because I spent nearly the cost of the bike on gas driving 3 hours round trip to pick it up.

We're getting ready to move Lil Thundrrr out of Strider Class at the BMX track, so I picked up this 2013 Norco Diesel 18 for a C note! He'll have to grow into it a bit, but this thing is rad! View attachment 189656
Don't kid yourself this little guy is no kiddie toy. Chromoly frame, high ten fork, Weinman wheels, thick slab dropouts. That's the stuff I likes, and another Canadian in the collection to boot. But what the boys saw:View attachment 189657View attachment 189658
Grumpy Cat sticker headbadge, and Lego block valve caps. Deal=sealed. I'm glad I scored it cheap, because I spent nearly the cost of the bike on gas driving 3 hours round trip to pick it up.
Those are really cool caps

IMG_20220415_162142968.jpg
Matti made out like a bandit, thanks to the introduction by @ingola . Don't know what is more valuable, the contact, or the stuff. Looks like I might be starting a flex stem collection.
IMG_20220415_162210621.jpg

Norco saddle for Duck Norris
IMG_20220415_162229636.jpg

Classic Shimano thumbies for Daddy Longlegs. Perfect function, the little clicks make me happy. But what kills me to death is this:
IMG_20220415_162217070.jpg
IMG_20220415_162223221.jpg

NEVER INSTALLED SET OF DEORE THUMBIES AND STX FRONT DERAILLEUR!!! You don't know how long RockRat has been waiting for these! And he charged me less for the entire heap than I would have paid for the Deore. I was like a kid in a candy store, Ingola couldn't stop laughing at me.

View attachment 190518Matti made out like a bandit, thanks to the introduction by @ingola . Don't know what is more valuable, the contact, or the stuff. Looks like I might be starting a flex stem collection. View attachment 190519
Norco saddle for Duck Norris
View attachment 190522
Classic Shimano thumbies for Daddy Longlegs. Perfect function, the little clicks make me happy. But what kills me to death is this:
View attachment 190520
View attachment 190521
NEVER INSTALLED SET OF DEORE THUMBIES AND STX FRONT DERAILLEUR!!! You don't know how long RockRat has been waiting for these! And he charged me less for the entire heap than I would have paid for the Deore. I was like a kid in a candy store, Ingola couldn't stop laughing at me.
It was epic we left at noon Matti was still going strong at 4..lol and he only seen 1/2 the garage..missed the barn completely I have more places to take you.

Latest posts

Back