Matti Scores!!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am kicking myself for the all the stuff I left behind. Those little BMX levers, that other set of thumbies, the new in box Deore front derailleur that I left because it's top swing (still had the installation instructions and everything!), at least 4 or 5 wheels, the Mustang stem I put down and forgot to take... And I didn't even ask about the posters and bikeshop ephemera. I'll be there again and may actually make it to the barn if I don't spend all my finds in the garage. I want one of those wooden CCM mechanic's chest too. He'll move one of them someday...

I am kicking myself for the all the stuff I left behind. Those little BMX levers, that other set of thumbies, the new in box Deore front derailleur that I left because it's top swing (still had the installation instructions and everything!), at least 4 or 5 wheels, the Mustang stem I put down and forgot to take... And I didn't even ask about the posters and bikeshop ephemera. I'll be there again and may actually make it to the barn if I don't spend all my finds in the garage. I want one of those wooden CCM mechanic's chest too. He'll move one of them someday...
I should have got that alloy sturmey archer set you pointed out to would have been great for the wife's bike steal rims make her nervous. Well go back

This is what I left behindView attachment 190523
I was the first person to touch those Tange sets since they left the factory. I want it ALL!! Piles of nos Shimano stuff as well. This guy was killing me with the stuff I want but don't exactly need.
Yeah know Matti, it's better to buy it now even if you don't need it right now, you may need it in the near future.. Grab it and go... The Devil's in the details... SCORE!!!! RaToN.... Razin...

This is what I left behindView attachment 190523
I was the first person to touch those Tange sets since they left the factory. I want it ALL!! Piles of nos Shimano stuff as well. This guy was killing me with the stuff I want but don't exactly need.
If you need to pedeal some of this NOS GOOOLD , let me know as i could always use some spares... Thanks... Razin...

Lots of jewellery there. I have those deore shifters on my 89 Shogun. I bought my nos set from an ebay seller in POLAND more than a decade ago. Price was reasonable back then.

Getting amped up over here. Tossed Them Crooked Vultures in the deck and made the pilgrimage to the Undisclosed Storage Location. The Gatekeeper has been generous lately, and after a few favors, I was able to pry one outta the attic. Here's where it lived for the last 20 or more years.
IMG_20220429_131449738.jpg
It don't live there anymore.
IMG_20220429_132149267_HDR.jpg

See it again soon as My Sweet Marie in this summer's Build Off!
IMG_20220429_132250554_HDR.jpg

Last edited:
More scores of the retro MTB variety, I think it's all never been installed
IMG_20220513_154003409_HDR.jpg

Does anyone know if v brake levers will work with cable pull disk brakes? If so, these babies will eventually find their way onto the Brodie.
But here's the real treasure, never built Alex rims on Shimano hubs, and a shiny new road bike cassette. Daddy Longlegs is getting shiny new shoes!
IMG_20220513_153943457_HDR.jpg
IMG_20220513_153952294_HDR.jpg

Also got a new looking GT fork for RockRat and another set of deerhead thumbs for future fun.
IMG_20220513_171258881.jpg
IMG_20220513_171335784.jpg

Matti is so pleased. This might actually be enough to finish a bike or two

More scores of the retro MTB variety, I think it's all never been installedView attachment 193321
Does anyone know if v brake levers will work with cable pull disk brakes? If so, these babies will eventually find their way onto the Brodie.
But here's the real treasure, never built Alex rims on Shimano hubs, and a shiny new road bike cassette. Daddy Longlegs is getting shiny new shoes!View attachment 193319View attachment 193320
Also got a new looking GT fork for RockRat and another set of deerhead thumbs for future fun.View attachment 193322View attachment 193323
Matti is so pleased. This might actually be enough to finish a bike or two
So get it done you'll have it ready by next may

I believe they do, mechanical disc need a lot of cable pull like v brakes
Affirmative and those levers are the Tektro schwantzbite answer to Avid Speed Dial levers. Your modulation will be easily adjustable through the dial on the lever.

Yeah I was digging through a bin of used plastic levers, found one battered tektro and put it aside, and he was like, "Tektro... I might have something..." My eyes lit up. Never been out of the box before I got my grubbies on em. Switching to 1x8 on the Brodie, so I have to replace mid level Shimano pods. These will slay

the Mustang stem I put down and forgot to take...
Haha just rereading this thread, and I realized I did it again! Last time we were there, I found it again, picked it up, and...
Now I have to find it for a third time
jiFfM.jpg

Haha just rereading this thread, and I realized I did it again! Last time we were there, I found it again, picked it up, and...
Now I have to find it for a third time
View attachment 194921
I'm sure you'll be ok I think he moves stuff in our pile so we keep going back need to grab a rim set to. He knows we always say we just need this and walk out the an arm full

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back