Maybe I should join bmx bo

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I bought this tonight. I wanted something to ride around driveway with the kids. I like these long frames.

Anyone know what year it is? MV001410 is stamped in the bb shell. I had no luck researching it. I’m guessing early 90s?

The rear FEMCO rim is bent. So much that I can’t true it. Might attempt dissembling it and straightening somehow, then relacing it. Or should I get new wheels? I kinda wanna keep it a beater.

Anyway ...

7688587f1a9cae2bfdd9716794cf5dca.jpg

b920bc73e0857519e4a78cc85a4a5e3a.jpg

I’m sure I overpaid for this thing.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

the head badge reads "2500". 250th day of the year 2000, correct? or 1990?

Looks 1990. There is probably a Gxxxx stamped on the rear drops...that is the Giant date code.

a little more research confirmed it was produced on September 7th, 1990 as a 1991 model (matches picture in 1991 catalog). Pretty cool what four numbers can tell you.

there is also a useless number on the bb shell, but no number on the rear drops.

I'm just going to clean it up and ride it. Perhaps enter it in the b.o..

Looks like a fun rider, the chrome steel wheels arent great, look around for an aluminum rim or rim set.

Throw a banana seat on it, mess with some people, it'll will be a wheelie machine.

Latest posts

Back