MBBO#04 CLASS 1 VOTING BOOTH.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pick your favorite bikes!

• 1: Shelby Flyer Woody by @OddJob

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • 2: Huffy Longshot by @scotleycrue

Votes: 44 34.9%
  • 3: Fritz Fifty Krate Done Right by @Scribble

Votes: 12 9.5%
  • 4: Purple Haze by @ratrodzrcool

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 5: Cheap Thrill by @ChicagoMuscle Guy

Votes: 11 8.7%
  • 6: The Wraith by @ChicagoMuscle Guy

Votes: 10 7.9%
  • 7: Craigslist find Spyder 500 by @sdframe

• 8: '67 Huffy "The Musclepunk" by @Chad T

Votes: 42 33.3%
  • 9: Mr Meaner by @G-Matt

• 10: InViolet by @metalchewy

• 11: STORMTROOPER by @Falstaff

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • 12: grr-RAT-ified by @GuitarlCarl

• 13: WHEEL'N in the years by @Old Scool

Votes: 43 34.1%
  • 14: BigRed by @bikedudeomaha

Votes: 7 5.6%
  • 15: Unauthorized Cinnamon by @roadwarrior

Votes: 19 15.1%
  • 16: Deutsch Muscle Fahrrad by @roadwarrior

Votes: 17 13.5%
  • 17: Schwinn Lil'-Krate Midget Sting Ray by @Smoopy's

Votes: 21 16.7%
  • 18: FURY by @Wildcat

Votes: 22 17.5%
  • 19: Hooligan by @brett4christ

Votes: 14 11.1%
  • 20: Metrorat No.22 by @Endlesschain

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 21: CycleDelic by @GuitarlCarl

Votes: 25 19.8%
  • 22: SixtyNine Spyder by @CRASH

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • 23: X FACTOR by @ratrodz

Votes: 57 45.2%
  • 24: Breakdown Beatnik by @brett4christ

• 25: TorRed (68 Typhoon) by @metalchewy

• 26: THE WAR PIG by @Jake Sensi

Votes: 15 11.9%
  • 27: Ross Apollo Delorean Style by @BScubed

Votes: 30 23.8%
  • 28: Grape Ape 24" Schwinn Mega-Ray by @greenephantom

• 29: The Raven by @ANGRYJOE

Votes: 8 6.3%
  • 30: Super Slingshot by @CRASH

Votes: 32 25.4%
  • 31: Corvette Stingray aka 'Big boy muscle' by @Big Ape

Votes: 24 19.0%
  • 32: FeDeRaL OffEnSe by @Smoopy's

Votes: 39 31.0%
  • 33: 1968 Huffy Rail Custom by @Fat Lip

Votes: 18 14.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
CRASH, apology accepted. I still maintain that this is the best bike forum community on the internet! Bar none! Our ability to critique and not criticize, advise without admonishing, and contribute without condescending to each other's builds is far and above what I have seen and experienced on every other site I have visited / participated in. Keep up the good work guys and gals and...Rat On!

Wow look at all this! Love a good crap storm..:21:

I wanted to take the time and explain myself because I do feel that alot of the backlash is toward my build!

The only thing you did wrong was build way too nice of a bike for your first build off..:21::21: ..The bike you built would be a top contender in any build off on here in my opinion. Great job. You should be very proud. It's a beautiful bike with beautifully done photos. A real home run in any category.

And as always...a quick reminder....grown men and women playing with bicycles here... :bigsmile:

Oh no these muscle bikes are serious business to the real muscle punks.:D

But it is a tight and protective community and that's one of the things that draws me to them.

Most of what goes on with the scene is not online at all. I'm just lucky enough to have a close friend who is way high up the chain in the muscle punk hierarchy.

There are actually very few builders this year that I would consider real muscle bike guys and I am not one of them.

Well I have figured out a few things about these online competitions...:soapbox:
Take a great photo, ( I didn't follow my own advice, doing a little work such as cropping and color correction makes a BIG difference )
Being friendly helps but only a little, being unfriendly hurts your standings a lot :39:.
Take a great photo, ( we can't ride em' or touch em' the photo is all we've got to go on )
The type of bike doesn't matter as much as you think it would...
Take a great photo, ( shrubbery distracts, blending in with the :eek: backround or being too far away doesn't help either )
Build what you want, it's your bike and after the competition is over, you still have the bike.
Take a great photo, ( It really does make a difference, cute is good if not over done, tough is always good :cool2: )
If you're not doing this for yourself, who are you doing it for? ;)
Take a great photo, ( this is pretty much the most important thing, many voters haven't been following your build. Even if they did, that doesn't mean votes, I actually had the second most views and replies this year :nerd: )

Carl. :crazy:

Well I have figured out a few things about these online competitions...:soapbox:
Take a great photo, ( I didn't follow my own advice, doing a little work such as cropping and color correction makes a BIG difference )
Being friendly helps but only a little, being unfriendly hurts your standings a lot :39:.
Take a great photo, ( we can't ride em' or touch em' the photo is all we've got to go on )
Take a great photo, ( shrubbery distracts, blending in with the :eek: backround or being too far away doesn't help either )
Build what you want, it's your bike and after the competition is over, you still have the bike.
Take a great photo, ( It really does make a difference, cute is good if not over done, tough is always good :cool2: )
Take a great photo, ( this is pretty much the most important thing, many voters haven't been following your build. Even if they did, that doesn't mean votes, I actually had the second most views and replies this year :nerd: )

:thumbsup:

Carl, I was close behind in views, 4th overall (and actually 2nd right up to the deadline). My bike is the first one on the voting thread, which you would think everyone viewing this thread would see, unless the ones logging on after day one or two only looked at the ones receiving the highest number of votes; which is entirely possible.

And, I completely concur with you about the PHOTO being very, very important. I had a friend with a high res digital camera do a photo shoot with me for a Sunday afternoon in October on the beautiful Mississippi River and downtown Minneapolis, MN. She took about 40 pictures to choose from, and in my final build thread I posted a few. Trying to be as objective as possible, I believe my photo on the voting thread is in the top 5 overall, if not the top 3.

Your build and mine fall into what I call the "artistic" category. (primarily your Cycledelic build)
We both had creative designs and incorporated them into what I would term boundary breaking builds. We didn't follow the protocol of a "muscle bike build", and therefore didn't receive votes from the traditionalist muscle bike builders here. But, if we count views during the build and after, we are among the leaders of the pack. People found our builds interesting, new ideas, and somewhat enticing. They just didn't vote for us.

Last edited:
Photos are important, but for me I honestly lost interest in my build all together. That's why my pics were taken in my driveway, I did go to the theatre but they had no star wars props. So what you see is what you get, but apparently there are a few star wars geeks here.

I'll definitely have better pics for my next build off attempt.

Fountains!
We need more pics in front of fountains!
:happy:
I have never been able to determine any secret recipe for votes. Just build a cool bike and have fun riding it.

I myself have been a victim of the "bad photo" bug..it happened in RRBBO8 with "Tuco"..even though my friend Mike Wolfe and Lauren over at Antique Archaeology in Nashville allowed me to use their showroom for the shoot..the cluttered background really took away from the bike and I believe costs me the much needed votes..I won't make that mistake again...:mad:
Well i like it!!![emoji1]

Sent from my LG-LS995 using Tapatalk

..even though my friend Mike Wolfe and Lauren over at Antique Archaeology in Nashville allowed me to use their showroom for the shoot..the cluttered background really took away from the bike and I believe costs me the much needed votes.
...Should've been offset by celebrity name dropping though. :rolleyes: :D

a good picture says it all,and as always I start playing around editing too much which can distract from the whole purpose of taking a good picture mostly unedited,took awhile not to overdo my main pic this year but still couldnt help it,I am glad people are open to recieve advice about this issue,the only issue I really have with a picture is a non drive side picture,really grinds my gears for some reason

as for voting I voted on 2 in class 2,and I voted on 8 bikes for class 1,it was hard to vote this year for me,it came down to what I would personally have in my house if it was big enough,sadly its not,so the garage will do,very diverse selection to choose from I voted very soon after the voting started so no ones comments swayed or distracted me not that they would,I voted with an open mind and didnt go by what I would call a muscle bike look,some I voted on were basic and clean,what I call a "bare bike" and some I voted on were detailed to the max with a heap of bolt on's overall I enjoyed this buildoff,wish I could have followed more of the builds and commented on more posts,my apologies as I saw some great ideas and comments but didnt have time to add or reply

the only issue I really have with a picture is a non drive side picture,really grinds my gears for some reason
That really bugs me too, sometimes even if I really like a bike, I will simply not vote for it for that exact reason...

Luke.

Voting is over!

Here are your winners!

First place with 57 votes: X FACTOR by @ratrodz
20151230_132830_zpsmzomi6cy.jpg

Second place with 44 votes: Huffy Longshot by @scotleycrue
OO_zpskrf3z0a6.jpg

Third place with 43 votes: WHEEL'N in the years by @Old Scool
46.jpg

Congrats Guys! :thumbsup:

Luke.

Latest posts