MBBO#3 and 2015 Winter BO.

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Are you likely to join either (or both) Build-Off's?

• Total voters
Put me down for both build offs. I'll have a place and a little money to build by then. I have a plan for the Muscle Bike build, but nothing yet for Winter, but there's plenty of time.
Awesome!

Luke.

I said I'd never do another build-off (too stressful for me), but I might be down for so Muscle Bike BO
Awesome! The Muscle bike BO is a bit longer too to give everyone more time... (4 months) More time=Less stress!

Luke.

OK, got my frame, this mid-60s Huffy Silver Jet.
6a4ytyra.jpg

Hopefully, the chainring will clean up too.
The frame may need a little 'persuasion' to fit the planned rear tire.

Going to do a 'homage' to a Huffy Rail, only 'grownup' sized.
I'm gonna use this opportunity to use up the parts stash and go as low budget as I can.

Gonna have to exercise great restraint and not start ahead of time......

Looking forward to it.

Cheers,
Dr. T

I've already got some ideas and a name. A favorite of the dragstrip is the 2 speed powerglide automatic transmission. I'm going to use a 2 speed automatic hub on my muscle bike, and call it "Powerglide".

iwiumc.jpg

What if I talked to Steve about making this an official build? Not sure if you guys remember but we once hosted official winter build offs over here at RRB.

Last edited:
What if I talked to Steve about making this an official build? Not sure if you guys remember be we once hosted official winter build offs over here at RRB.

It would be just like the RRBBO but it would be all muscle bikes during the winter.

It would have to be much simpler. Maybe not so many categories. The more people the more confusion.
Fine by me... :thumbsup:

We were going to have the Winter build-off and the muscle bike build-off though... Some may not want to do muscle bikes, and some want it just muscle bikes.

Could we run two official ones? A muscle bike and a winter? Could even be at the same time...

Luke.

Fine by me... :thumbsup:

We were going to have the Winter build-off and the muscle bike build-off though... Some may not want to do muscle bikes, and some want it just muscle bikes.

Could we run two official ones? A muscle bike and a winter? Could even be at the same time...

Luke.

I just saw how well you hosted last years build. I think you know what you're doing! Lets keep it the same for another year!

I just saw how well you hosted last years build. I think you know what you're doing! Lets keep it the same for another year!
I'm down for letting Luke organize it as he did in the past.

Just let me know if you need new categories created. ;)
Cool! Thanks Guys!

Luke.

Bumping on up!

The next Muscle bike build-off starts in just one month!

Start planning now if you have not already, remember this will be a 4 month build-off ending new years day next year, so plenty of time!

2 classes:
1: Restore/mild custom.
2: Cut, Grind, Weld...

Bring it on! This is actually my favorite build-off of the year!

Luke.

Here is my basic plan for the build-off:

13563030004_ffde2758ee_z.jpg

Here is my back wheel: (Not actually my wheel, but one I found on google that is the same.)

14823760961_bfc89cb8ec_o.jpg

16x8 MiniLite with a 195/50/16 Yokohama Advan stretched on to it.

Bring on September 1!

Luke.

With BoNine done I'm ready to hop. :cool2:
I suppose I should be collecting, but I think I have most of it.
Maybe some TALL ape hangers...

Carl.

Can you still be in class 1 if you have to fix cracks and holes in the frame?
Yes, provided you are just returning it to original or close to, if you are modifying that would put you into class 2.

Maybe some TALL ape hangers...
What do you call tall Carl? I am aiming for 40" tall ones on mine...

Luke.

Medium tall to fit this...

I think I want to build this as a Cafe Racer...o_O ???
:eek: Now to make this fit the Muscle Bike build...
Same rules as last year? :43:

Carl.

Last edited:

Latest posts

Back