(MBBO 4 Class 1) In Violet --Finished

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Love the color, got a 07 Charger in Plum Crazy, Looking sharp!
Thanks Chicago, its a close match.
Look good to me just as they are!

Luke.
I took your advice, left them bare, but put about a half tube of tripoli and rouge against them.

I think the bike is pretty much complete, just need to complete the last little details

Building... riding...

Yeah I was about to "second" Luke on keep them the way they are....looks like you've already decided to! Bike looks sweet. Okay, another learning opportunity for ol' OddJob.....what is "tripoli" other than another name for Michigan Rummy...?

Tripoli and jewelers Rouge and Emory and white rouge and scr are all different grit polishing compounds.

Building... riding...
Thanks! I use the jewelers rouge to polish the shiny silver / nickle parts on a violin bow's "frog". Is the tripoli a different color or hardness?

Thanks! I use the jewelers rouge to polish the shiny silver / nickle parts on a violin bow's "frog". Is the tripoli a different color or hardness?

Think of Tripoli most coarse of the nonferrous metal compounds. Takes minor blemishes and smooths them out a bit more easily. You can wipe the face off a coin with it. Next for NFM would be White Rouge, which gets it really shiny. The Jewellers Rouge at the shiniest, mirror like finish.

Building... riding...

looks great, i mean grape :rolleyes:

Is your cable stop for the 3 speed working? I made mine from a cable stop on a caliper brake arm. Took it off the arm and tapped a hole in my frame and screwed it in, simple.

Carl.

This last weekend, InViolet became a 1 speed. I stole the bars for Sassy.

Still a wheelie monster. If i rode it more than a couple times this year, id be tempted to add a larger front sprocket.

Latest posts

Back