(MBBO 4 CLASS #1) WHEEL'N in the years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Interesting, thanks for the explanation. I really like the satin effect you get on the parts.

Finally got the paint done , matched the Huffy Rally Bronze in candy from 69. Tearing down my wheels so I can polish them out better then get them re-laced and balanced. Slow going but making progress.

Finally got the paint done , matched the Huffy Rally Bronze in candy from 69. Tearing down my wheels so I can polish them out better then get them re-laced and balanced. Slow going but making progress.

Oh my! That color is interplanetary! Are you trying to decide which saddle to use, or just laughing at the salivation that they are creating...:crazy:

Oh my! That color is interplanetary! Are you trying to decide which saddle to use, or just laughing at the salivation that they are creating...:crazy:

Thanks.
Nah, just using them for color contrast, I took several pics and the true color wasn't coming out with my workbench as the background.

Sweeeet

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

That green nanner looks great with that paint!

I bought a Huffy project bike for my grandson to work on and it came with the perfect color seat insert of Rally Bronze over white for my project bike but it was split and had a piece missing from across it so I tore it apart and reconstructed it then added the insert to my seat. It took about four hours to tear it apart, strip the backing off the insert, and cut it to fit.

Finished look but not yet attached to the seat

Interesting work on the seat! How are you planning on attaching it?

Luke.
Not positive just yet, It was attached to the other seat by heat pressing it, basically lightly melting the two together. My wife said it could be sewn on but because of it's age, even though it is still somewhat pliable, it might be too brittle to sew. So more than likely I will glue it on unless someone gives me a better option.

Not positive just yet, It was attached to the other seat by heat pressing it, basically lightly melting the two together. My wife said it could be sewn on but because of it's age, even though it is still somewhat pliable, it might be too brittle to sew. So more than likely I will glue it on unless someone gives me a better option.
Gluing would have to be the safest bet... It would be cool to see how they heat bonded them originally and replicate that, but I imagine there would be a learning process involved that may destroy the seat...

Luke.

That green nanner looks great with that paint!
Love that color. Kingfish just said what I was going to say. That green seat would look great on that frame.
It works surprisingly well!
Luke.
Wooow that paint looks nice!
You know I never would have thought that but now that you guys mention it I think that would look cool too.

I agree it would look good with the Rally Bronze Rail frame but I picked up that antifreeze green seat in order to mount it on this bike project I picked up a few months ago when I'm done with the MBBO

Latest posts

Back