(MBBO 4 CLASS #1) WHEEL'N in the years

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm almost there, just a couple more tweeks . . .

My original goal was to build this bike as close to original as possible, like the day it was picked up from a store. That was one of the reasons I chose the Rally Bronze color and searched until I found an original bike part to color match it to. In trying to make all parts correct I started to realize how difficult that was going to be with the time constraint, so as Huffy guys will notice right away I did have to veer away from all original on some stuff. From all the information I could find the seats for this color bike were either smooth black with a white/bronze stripe (not a good look) or a bronze metal flake which is impossible to find. So I created the banana seat combo I thought looked really good. Another change was the rear slick, the Wheel bike came with either a black Cheater Slick or the dual red line, even though I had an NOS black Cheater Slick I thought the RWL version looked better on the bike. The white drag brake cable was changed too, the one I replaced it with is an original Huffy brake cable from a 70 Super Stock because I thought black would go better with the black steering wheel and seat. The last change was the 48" sissy bar, I have the correct original but it got bent during shipping when I bought the bike so I still have to straighten it and it needs the right clamps and caps, time and money wasn't on my side for that so I mounted the one you see that bolts to the frame. The sissy bar will be corrected after the MBBO when I find the right parts. Lastly the headbadge was a hardware store decal so I replaced it with a metal Huffy one that I riveted on. Other than those minor changes the bike is all original so I feel I hit my personal goal, I hope everyone else likes it.

Finally finished and have all the pictures posted in the MBBO finished bikes thread. Thanks for all the help and support from all the RRB guys especially Jaxon, Crash, Rfeagleye, and Lukethejoker. Thanks for everything guys.

Last edited:
Finally some new pic's in the bright Ohio valley sun after 3 weeks of cloudy overcast days and some pic's after I finished the build earlier in the week.

Latest posts

Back