(MBBO #4 Class 2) Mustang Phatty -(FINAL MOCK UP PHOTOS)-

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
She does ride real nice, Carl. No way you can pull wheelies though. One less thing for me to worry about(a wheelie bar). I sure am making a lot of work for myself with this one. Waiting on parts has got me at a stand still... it's driving me nutts!!!!!
Still thinking about the stock front end? A super skinny tire and some regular apes, and it's wheelie time! It's just a neat idea to have two front ends... But, the Lester mag front and the beefy triple trees really do look great.
As far as the stripes, I'd mask it off, steel wool whats left, and check out some translucent paint.

Carl.

Love the mag! Like the striping idea, I recently found a product by Rustoleum that's a 'matte' black auto paint. It seems fairly durable once dry.
ba5a2f37-f3a0-4eeb-868e-69a5721df740_400.jpg

Build on brother!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for the input, fellas, I do appreciate it! I did get the sissy springs adapted for the sissy bar(photos later), and also have the pattern made for the caliper bracket done. I need to keep moving on this, I don't want to get backed up in the end... it's turning better than I imagined, so, that's a good thing! :thumbsup:

Crazy work schedule and waiting on parts forces me to race to the end on this one. I have no internet at this time also. I will try to catch up on some of the other builds as time allows.

These are the adapters I fabed up for the sissy.

nVyvW0R.jpg

0DduVAZ.jpg

tbVglTV.jpg

Here's the tab for the disc brake.

Bwwyk9x.jpg

It welded up nice!

SAhK4d1.jpg

Got the suicide brake welded up too.

ATSOFDk.jpg

Here's the way I decided to run the brake cable. I drilled through the seat stay and tapped the holes to 1/4". The adjusters aren't 1/4" 20, but they thread through the pipe easy and firm.

0Gasucg.jpg

This is the final set up.

HMMmSuz.jpg

I did final mock up and test drive with the suicide brake and MAN does it work great!!! Too great though... I blew up a brand new Avid BB7 caliper... soooo, I now will engineer a stop for the handle to prevent that from happening again. Thank god when I ordered the break parts I ordered two!

0e4m3s9.jpg

Here's final mock up before disassembly. It freakin rides GREAT! I built it for me and it fits like a glove

S36PwNB.jpg

I paid a ten spot for this Murray Wildcat III at my LUBS. I set it up to show the scale of this bike. This is the stock front end with it's freakishly long top tube. The rear end is stretched with a real nice balance compared to the front. This bike built it's self in a lot of ways, I'm happy!

Qy2xSMN.jpg

Every thing lined up real nice. If you look closely you can see the top of the brake handle just above the seat.

y0cEzsi.jpg

I'm going to drill the sissy bar and thread a hole in the rod of the adapters to secure the bar with a screw.

WvHnTzB.jpg

Now it's time for disassembly and paint. I hope I make the dead line!!!

Nice fab work on this build! Be great to see a shot of you on the bike after it's finished....trying to picture the length of your arms! :bigsmile:

Impressive ! that mag alone was a ton of work .

Thanks! Oh man, I had no idea how much work the mag was going to be...

Beautiful stance and alignment. Great work

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Thanks, Jake!
Looking great! Really loving the looks with the stock front end on there!
Shame about that brake calliper, I know the BB7's can be expensive too!

Luke.

Thanks, Luke. Yes, those calipers can be expensive. I found a deal on the bay though for two calipers, discs and hardware for 70$. It made it a little easier to swallow... ;)

Nice fab work on this build! Be great to see a shot of you on the bike after it's finished....trying to picture the length of your arms! :bigsmile:

Thanks, O. I'll Post a riding pic. I'm 5"10" tall with some long arms. I do have to stretch a bit... :grin:

I like the skinny front best, even tho the triple trees look good. Did you fab a complete front half of the frame, to be able to go from skinny to fat with a couple of turns of the wrench? It looks like you did... now fab another rear end. Something like a 29'er tire in a flipped frame hangin' low... you could keep fabbing multiple front and rear clips to be able to mix and match whatever you felt like cruisin' that day! Man I gotta find me a folder...
Awesome bike dude.

Carl.

Last edited:
I like the skinny front best, even tho the triple trees look good. Did you fab a complete front half of the frame, to be able to go from skinny to fat with a couple of turns of the wrench? It looks like you did... now fab another rear end. Something like a 29'er tire in a flipped frame hangin' low... you could keep fabbing multiple front and rear clips to be able to mix and match whatever you felt like cruisin' that day! Man I gotta find me a folder...
Awesome bike dude.

Carl.

Thanks, Carl. Yes, two separate and complete front ends. Don't even need a wrench to swap them out, I can change over in under a minute.

I like this build,some cool engineering here

Thanks E!

Very cool fab work! Can't wait to see it done!

Thanks, Crash! I can't wait to see it finished too, I'm a little concerned about meeting the deadline though. I got the first coat of primer on today.

Latest posts

Back