(MBBO#5, Class II) My Generation

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
DSCN2270.jpg

Started with a 1968 Sears, 24", 10 Speed Muscle Bike that I bought on Facebook from Kevin Larson at Vintage Bicycles, Parts and Accessories. I was able to get my Shimano Automatic 5 hub (from my Ramcharger bike build) apart and laced on a new wheel. I scored some NOS parts i.e., Shimano Eagle derailleur, Suntour bottom pull front derailleur and a unbranded purple glitter banana seat. Shifter was working but had bent shift rods and broken handles. I cleaned the shifter and straightened the rods and made new handles out of fosse balls. New items purchased are the Jerald 24X2.125 slick, Kenda 24x1-3/8 front tire, pedals, seat post and clamp, neck, headset, bottom bracket, crank, double pull brake lever, 1080 rear brake calipers from Pork Chop BMX and front brake caliper is from a Schwinn Fastback. Everything else was OG to this bike. Handlebars were from another '68 Sears Spyder. Paint is Dupli-Color METALCAST red and purple anodized on top of METALCAST silver metallic base coat. Pictures background of Delaware Canal in Bristol Borough, PA.
See the build thread here: http://ratrodbikes.com/forum/index.php?threads/mbbo-05-class-ii-my-generation-done.100556/
DSCN2267.jpg

DSCN2264.jpg

DSCN2263.jpg

DSCN2276.jpg

Last edited:
Some nifty touches on this one! A shiny build, but rat rod thinking behind it. Two tone paint, shifter knobs, bar taped bars, drivetrain, brakes....:thumbsup:

And, I like that last pic the best...very artistic...the fence shadow adds a bit of meanness to it, and the paint shows off the best!

I love these frames and really like the color scheme too.
Never thought of red and purple before even though those are the colors of my fraternity (SigEp).
Awesome build man!!!!!

Latest posts

Back