(MBBO Class 1) Buzz Kill

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The good , the bad and the ugly update.
The good, its been raining for the better part of the last few weeks and we have been in a drought for a while !
The bad, its been raining and I haven't been able to work on the bike in my outdoor bike shop !
The ugly, today's weather but it wasn't raining !

so I finished prepping the frame and shot on some rattle can self etching primer.

I let that dry for a couple hours then shot on some color.

not exactly my original plan for paint but I'm flat broke at the moment so whatever was on the shelf is what I used. Still hopeful I can get this together before Christmas so the Grand kids can ride it.
Mark

Thanks for the props guys ! I was planning an air brushed candy fade
on this one but a $100.00 worth of paint is not going to happen so
this burgundy rattle can will have to do for now. I have a 3 day week
end and the weather is suppose to clear (almost 7" of rain in 2 days)
for the week end so I will get some assembly done :rockout:
Mark

Funkme the rain is good weather, we really need here in California
though it is causing havoc for some with flooding and mudslides !
Water is a very important commodity for farming, power generation
life in general and a place for me to play when I'm not working or building bikes !
Just not so good for working outside !
Mark

Looks good. Same situation here, no money, so my candy apple red is just plain red.

Yeah, I was watching the ditch near my house yesterday as it crept up and up. As for the red it doesn't matter. Looks good as is. You can always go and change things later if you want.

I don't have any pics of the underside of the seat yet , just some black
paint and a couple decals under there :whistle:;)
I've had the seat for a few years and I'm still missing the rear spring mount so I'll have to create one .
Mark

I don't have any pics of the underside of the seat yet , just some black
paint and a couple decals under there :whistle:;)
I've had the seat for a few years and I'm still missing the rear spring mount so I'll have to create one .
Mark
I was thinking of building a custom sprung banana for my bonine beast. Had a few ideas, but nothing solid yet.

This is my last nos banana seat and these full floating seats aren't for everybody especially my big behind but it should be ok for the grand kids. Of coarse I will try to make the rear spring mount a little less floaty
than the originals were.
Mark

Thanks Chad, tire does look and fit good but I had to let the air out to
get the axle to clear the drops . The wheel has to come back off as the
replacement cluster is not going to work so now I have to hunt another.
Mark

Yeah i have to let a bit of air out of mine to remove it as well. The suspension sissy can be nice if you get it just right. I have half springs in my Krate suspension with just enough pre-load that it drops about 1/4 inch when I sit on it. Really makes a difference on those unexpected bumps.

Were getting down to the wire time wise but I did get a bit done yesterday !
Meet Dave , he has helped me so much in the bike hobby ! We did a little trading as he needed some work done on his pickup and I needed a warm dry place to shoot some paint and I also needed a chain,cables and another tube for the bike.

Fork all painted and installed with an nos Murray head set , still need to clean up the rockers.

I did not have the correct fork crown but I did have a standard crown so a little time with a grinder I now have one , I think it looks much better now !

New chain installed , runs nice and smooth !

Pieced a rear brake together with the original mounting and arms from an Excel Grand Prix caliper and a new pair of pads.

Today I'll try and get the seat finished and the cables and lever.
Mark

Latest posts

Back