(MBBO Class 1) Fruit Krate be Done!

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
FRUIT KRATE Stock Restore class
Frame - 64' Stingray
To be determined: :eek: everything else....

This one's gonna be cool too, cuz I'm not twisting many wrenches on it.
My 14 yr old son is gonna build it. We don't have the frame yet, but soon.
The name and idea are his and so is this bike... just Dad's $$$ o_O

Carl.

Oh, I've got gobs of other parts too. If you need something, let me know and I'll see if I have it.
Thanks brother! All I gotta do is kick it up north and meet up with Chicago Muscle Guy. We're using the frame he had in the sale thread. I am looking for a "Schwinn Mag" Krate sprocket...got one of those?

Carl

Yeah that's the other style. May end up using one, but no rush just yet. Thanks.

Carl.

I have one it is a 48 tooth looks like the mag has larger more square looking holes than the one crash showed ? It is rusted pretty bad but could be cleaned and look better but would be pitted believe it might be for a multi speed looks like teeth a narrower than my other sprockets if interested I will show a pic tonight after I learn how wifey supposed to show me how

Looked at the other pic again the metal portion of the mag is what looks larger just have to show pic tonight if interested

I will say the welds on this old Schwinn are awesome.
CMG said it's a 64', I haven't ran the serial # but it's in good shape...

Carl.

Thanks Mark, you got me measuring and digging. The measurement between the seat tube and the fender bracket is 1 7/8" its a junior...Well in 64' they were all juniors the didn't change the frame till mid 65' seat stays are a bit different too. I wish it was a Krate frame, just a bit longer and the bracket for the rim brake is different too. I'll hold on to this one for a bit and keep looking.

Carl.

Latest posts

Back