(MBBO Class 1) Powerglide

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thanks!

I enlisted one of the local talents to paint a few lettering things. Here's one of them, the handlebar brace:

10gyag1.jpg

I looked everything over and went down and got a bunch of nuts and bolts and washers for all the different things. I got back to work after the couple days of feasting and parties. We used my bike box as a serving table for a lot of great food. I made that box up because I have no garage and wanted to keep things locked up inside the house. I also made up a portable workbench that can be wheeled in and locked up. I put the whole bike together and still need more washers. The steering parts have to be perfect and very snug to ride right. I checked the pedal clearance to the ground and it's just right, and the chain clears the seat stay by a 16th of an inch, but barely touches the end of the wheelie bar bolts. A couple more washers will take care of that. I couldn't get the bottle opener to sit where the opener would work, so I cleaned up and used the brake strap that I got with the bike.

2hq3sw6.jpg

2ymbz8p.jpg

dfknra.jpg

2cynt4i.jpg

Lots of cool stuff going on with this bike, but I love the rear dropouts best!

I wandered about your work space when you was painting? Kinda looks like an apartment area or something. Is there other people living in that area do they support what you are doing or do they give you a hard time? Either way the bike is looking good :thumbsup:

I live in a gated 4 plex, but no one is renting the other 3 apartments, so it's all mine! The car park doubles as my painting and working area, along with videoke party area. It flooded here in 2013, a few months before I moved in, everyone thinks it will flood every year now. I have a second floor if that happens, but they dredge the river now, so I haven't seen any problem this year.

I Noticed the old grips I got with it matched up, so i cleaned them up and they work well on there. So it's done now, posted in finished bikes.

Well, I found some skinny wheels and tires and put it all back to original, as close as I can. Since it's a one year bike, 59, and the frame may or may not give out under my weight, it can stay on display or used by a visitor who wants to go for a ride. The other parts will get used on future bikes, especially the dropout extensions.

23rywz.jpg

Will we see you in the MBBO this year Wildcat?

Luke.

It all depends on finding a decent frame. I've got a good set of 20" wheels and everything else. The budget isn't big, and time is limited with a full load at college. I also have other projects in process, but should be able to give it a go if I find a good frame.

I never get tired of seeing what you do with this folder.
I like your plans for it to stay original (for now).

It all depends on finding a decent frame. I've got a good set of 20" wheels and everything else. The budget isn't big, and time is limited with a full load at college. I also have other projects in process, but should be able to give it a go if I find a good frame.

As luck would have it, just the frame I was looking for was at the second hand place next to the barbershop this morning. I was hoping to find a twin bar frame like Joe Conde used on a couple of his builds, and there it was for a low price to boot. It's crank spindle is rusted solid, but cottered like everything else I have.
So, it's too late for the build off, but definitely looking good for the MBBO.

24o34mp.jpg

Latest posts

Back