(MBBO Class 2) GSR 1000

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
  • Ok so it's been since rrbbo7 but I'm back! Started a home grown bicycle repair and customization shop and called it Granite State Rollsters so RIP Easyrider420 and hello GSR! I don't really know what the end result of this build Will be but I have a frame picked a tin can Sears three speed hub and a 65mm fat bike wheel with a blown out hub. That's one of the three parts right? Rear wheel will be larger than the front :p can't wait to get knuckle deep in this project! Rat on my rat brothers!

Last edited:
Whoa! What kinda frame is that?
Oh, and what class are ya running?

Carl.
Hey Carl, it's a Royce Union GXR 1000. Kinda funky huh? To those familiar with sport bikes you might get why I chose the frame lol to those not so familiar the GSXR 1000 is an extremely powerful sport bike made by Suzuki and I've seen some pretty sick muscle bike conversions done with them so here's my rendition :p

:cool:So recently my shop was burglarized and the vast majority of my tools were stolen :mad: I'm coping and hoping... any way I'm not letting that stop me from doing what I do, make cool ... bicycles! :rockout: first things first and this fat wheel won't fit between the brake mount bosses on the frame so they had to go and in a primitive fashion! Mean edged metal saw with a gorilla taped handle!:showingbiceps:

I checked the fitment of the wheel and tolerances are tight but workable. We'll worry about the brake thing later :21: now to get these two wheels to make one wheel. I'll be honest I got lucky with the spoke length on the fat wheel as they were almost to long for the new/old three speed hub! :banana:a strong layer of gorilla tape for a rim liner just for a lil extra protection :thumbsup: any way here's some pics lol

Awesome wheel!!!!!
But is there any room for tires? :eek::)

Latest posts

Back