*MBBO/ORBO* - So, who's in and for what category??

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance 👑
Staff member
Reaction score
If i decide to give it a go, it will be a klunker or a bomber.
I have a frame and fork, rims, tires ( offroad and street), Enviolo hub, hydraulic disc brakes, disc brake adapters. Hmm sounds like a plan, looks like i just need handle bars😆

Talked yourself into it 😂

I'm going to attempt to build a muscle bike that's halfway BMX. No paint this time, can't pull it off during winter. Apes, a nanner, mags... It'll be all rad! Thinking about a springer, but we'll see about that.

Can't wait to see it Matti

Reaction score
I'm in for the OR category. I want to do a vintage style bike, but probably won't find a decent frame so I'll enter the bike I'm making for the wife. Just picked up this frame from the scrapyard. I've got wheels and everything, just need a fork, tires and a paintjob.

frame1 11 Oct 21.jpg

Reaction score
If you'd rather a rusty fender for this, I'd happily trade you...
View attachment 175408View attachment 175409
It's also the real deal not a repro.
So I'm in the MBBO for sure.
I also have my hands full. The crank is frozen as is what's left of the seat post. I do have the springs and a chrome 12"? front rim and tire (might be a 16" I'm in the house now...)

Carl.

Karate Chicken Industries

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
Spent part of the day yesterday checking on parts amassed for three of-road builds and just need grips for one of them and spokes for another. Looking at starting with a 26" BMX based on a 1968 Schwinn Heavy Duti, then moving on to restoration of a 1985 Schwinn Frameset MTB, and then a resto-mod of my 1989 Nishiki Alien. After cleaning the Alien frame up, I may take the fork to the local auto parts store to see if I can get some touch-up paint to match the Pearl White. It doesn't have a bunch of marring to the finish, but would look a lot better without it.

Muscle, I'm considering a few options to build up something around a NOS 90's Schwinn chrome springer fork I have. Since banana seats are an option as long as I have a fatter rear than front tire and ape hangers, it'll be something like the Opaque Blue Suburban I had.

Reaction score
quick preview...
20210501_133911.jpg
20211009_150330.jpg
20211015_151619.jpg

while I have your attention, here's a long shot...

anybody have a 24x1.75 steel wheel with a 5-speed (or 6-speed) freewheel that you'd part with? somewhere along the line, someone put what looks like a 24" aluminum mountain bike wheel on the back of this. the front looks like the original narrow 24" steel wheel with the high flange hub and it looks cool so I want to use it, so I'm trying to find a steel wheel for the rear too. also would love to find a chain guard like this:
s-l1600.jpg

but that's another long shot, as they appear to be pricey when they turn up.

I will also throw together a BMX cruiser for the ORBO if a suitable 24" frame falls into my lap. I have a set of 24" cruiser wheels, a couple forks to choose from, and plenty of other random BMX parts...

Last edited:

GTHOtrod

RRB Supporter
Pro Member
Reaction score
I have almost collected enough cool parts to put together a sweet vintage MTB, so that would make sense. But having just finished my 26" 5speed BMX build, I wasn't planning to build the MTB as yet.
I would like to have a go at a 26" muscle bike. But I have basically nothing in stock, besides a couple girls frames for materials, and a 26x1 3/8 rim and tyre for the front.

So I will most likely have a crack at the MBBO :21:

Reaction score
I had an idea for a 'new' type of seatpost extractor, but I'm not sure how fast I can work up some diagrams. I shared the basic concept with Kingfish, but it turned out he didn't need it on HEXy. Might PM you later.
I would like to see your drawings if you get around to them.. Thanks and good luck... RaToN.. Razin..

Reaction score
I'm going to attempt to build a muscle bike that's halfway BMX. No paint this time, can't pull it off during winter. Apes, a nanner, mags... It'll be all rad! Thinking about a springer, but we'll see about that.
Hey Matti, what the heck is a NANNER?? Good luck with your build off bike.. RaToN... Razin..

Reaction score
quick preview...
View attachment 175463View attachment 175464View attachment 175467

anybody have a 24x1.75 steel wheel with a 5-speed (or 6-speed) freewheel that you'd part with? somewhere along the line, someone put what looks like a 24" aluminum mountain bike wheel on the back of this. the front looks like the original narrow 24" steel wheel with the high flange hub and it looks cool so I want to use it, so I'm trying to find a steel wheel for the rear too. also would love to find a chain guard like this:
View attachment 175468

I will also throw together a BMX cruiser for the ORBO if a suitable 24" frame falls into my lap. I have a set of 24" cruiser wheels, a couple forks to choose from, and plenty of other random BMX parts...
That is a Murray Screamer chain guard that i too have been looking for.. Rare and spendy too... Good luck.. Razin..

Reaction score
quick preview...

View attachment 175468

I may have the wheel you’re looking for, I’ll check tomorrow or Monday when I can get into the cellar

Swampthing

Rusty and broken, Still rolling.
Pro Member
Reaction score
quick preview...

View attachment 175468

That is an awesome frame.