*MBBO/ORBO* - So, who's in and for what category??

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

Reaction score
Since I can't make a thread, I'll post this here.
IMG_20211101_153329283.jpg
this isn't the bike I'll be building. I'm not allowed to. But it is the story behind it. This was the first rat I built. Didn't know it at the time, all I wanted was an old customized thing. So I stole my wife's brother's bike from when he was a kid. It is an old AllPro canti. Was metallic red, faded to a super cool tone, almost like coppertone. Threw some BMX rubber and a BMX seat on and started rolling. The setup lasted less than an hour. My weight was too much for the seatpost, became a stuck layback and I was in trouble for wrecking a family heirloom that nobody wanted. She took it, painted it, bought a seat and sissy, and now it's art. I'll be making a new attempt, but since this way didn't work, I'm reversing. Instead of turning a muscle into a BMX, I'll be turning a BMX into muscle

Reaction score
Since I can't make a thread, I'll post this here.
View attachment 176547this isn't the bike I'll be building. I'm not allowed to. But it is the story behind it. This was the first rat I built. Didn't know it at the time, all I wanted was an old customized thing. So I stole my wife's brother's bike from when he was a kid. It is an old AllPro canti. Was metallic red, faded to a super cool tone, almost like coppertone. Threw some BMX rubber and a BMX seat on and started rolling. The setup lasted less than an hour. My weight was too much for the seatpost, became a stuck layback and I was in trouble for wrecking a family heirloom that nobody wanted. She took it, painted it, bought a seat and sissy, and now it's art. I'll be making a new attempt, but since this way didn't work, I'm reversing. Instead of turning a muscle into a BMX, I'll be turning a BMX into muscle
Is it blacked out because your wife intends to add something colorful?

Reaction score
I was going to practice doing splatter style paint for my upcoming bike, using this little frame. The plan went south as the wife wanted hippie style.
splat test1.jpg

splat test2.jpg

That's okay, she will be the one riding it. My offroad bike probably won't have bright colors, just some splatters, maybe.

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance 👑
Staff member
Reaction score
"You have insufficient privileges to post threads here"
Nothing earth shattering.happening today with my ORBO build. Will post up at lunchtime when that forum may be enabled.
Working on it

Need @Angie for that though

Reaction score
Looking to enter the ORBO this year. Took about two years off from bikes due to real life stuff. I had considered three possible frames to start.
First is a 59 Schwinn Corvette:
1959 corvette.JPG

Second is a Worksman INB:
worksman.JPG

Third is a Summit Workhorse that is rolling to the scene as we speak.
I think the Schwinn is out considering how low the bottom bracket is compared to the Worksman. I will probably wait to decide after seeing how the Worksman and the Workhorse stack up head to head.

metalchewy

Make It, Build It, Ride It
Pro Member
Reaction score
Looking to enter the ORBO this year. Took about two years off from bikes due to real life stuff. I had considered three possible frames to start.
First is a 59 Schwinn Corvette: View attachment 176592

Second is a Worksman INB:
View attachment 176593

Third is a Summit Workhorse that is rolling to the scene as we speak.
I think the Schwinn is out considering how low the bottom bracket is compared to the Worksman. I will probably wait to decide after seeing how the Worksman and the Workhorse stack up head to head.
Worksman is always a cool choice. Summit workhorses with their Schwinn straight bar look is also really cool. Not sure which is heavier though. Either will get your bike that excite looks .

Latest posts