*MBBO/ORBO* - So, who's in and for what category??

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So we don't have to do our own welding or our own painting... What about lacing our own wheels? I'm beginning to think I can pay for a pretty nice contender if I have enough cash.

Carl.

If I had the time and funds necessary to complete this, I would very much like to join the fun.
But most probably this will become my BO17 project...
IMG_20211017_111942004.jpg

But I will be watching from the sidelines and collecting parts and ideas for next summer... 😉

That is an awesome frame.
thanks! looking forward to getting back a little of its former glory...

I've been trying to find a picture of a 24" Sears Spyder in red, but most of what Google spits out is purple or gold with an occasional blue. I'd swear I've seen it in red in the past.

So we don't have to do our own welding or our own painting...
For an off-road bike meant to be ridden the way I want to ride of-road, I would not (currently) trust my own welding, nor can I afford a proper set-up in the form of welding equipment and a proper frame jig. I also can not afford a powdercoating setup and rattlecan or wet paint finishes don't last in the dirt compared to a proper powdercoat. Which costs more, all of that equipment or just getting something done one-off to your spec?

I get what you are trying to say and for most builds that will not need to be built tough enough for off-road purposes, there is validity there.

Just Sayin

For my first attempt at a build off entry, I'm going build my trike up for the MBBO. I've been gathering parts since I picked it up waiting for a build off. I've done some fit tests in anticipation but still have a couple of big structural changes to make and assembly. Good luck to all competitors.

Attachments

• Trike7.JPG
    Trike7.JPG
    296.6 KB · Views: 43
Last edited:
If I take apart this Slingshot and put it back together, can that be an entry?

View attachment 175651
No, but you can take it apart, send everything to me and I could reassemble it for you as an entry.

Of course I would return it to you afterwards.

John Honest
Imports and exports Inc.
Nigeria

No, but you can take it apart, send everything to me and I could reassemble it for you as an entry.

Of course I would return it to you afterwards.

John Honest
Imports and exports Inc.
Nigeria
Post of the day 👆

I'm all warmed up and have two frames on standby. I just finished this bike last weekend. I'm pretty happy with how it turned out. I wonder if I can convince @CRASH to join? He should be warmed up as well after finishing a super slick SLINGSHOT!!!!

View attachment 175694
That thing is hot! 🔥

That guy around the block with the collection of cool stuff must have heard about the MBBO. This week, he put a 26 incher out on display on his porch with the curly bars. Might have to introduce myself
I have a new neighbor across the street. We met officially a few days after he got settled when he mistakenly left his high dollar MTB on his front porch and I let him know it may be a good idea to secure it. Turns out he raced a bit a few years back and knows a few of my friends from the Fruitian Landscape.

Latest posts

Back