Mbbo/Orbo?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What dates should the MBBO/ORBO run this year?

• 10/1/2021 to 2/1/2022

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 11/1/2021 to 3/1/2022

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We should link this to the Klunkers, MTB, etc Builds thread to spread the word. Also, tag all the former MBBO builders from the archives and the builders from the last ORBO Winter BO from a few years ago.

I say go with Nov 1 start so we can build momentum. Get a big bunch of builders for this one! Good idea to combine the two class options into one to make the spectrum wide and the appeal great!

If I can get a frame I'll make a replica of the off road bike the Wright Brothers made back in 1904. It's too bad the bike was scrapped for the war effort and all the photos of it were lost in a fire years ago. But I heard enough about it to have a good idea of what it should look like.
1632958023306.png

Last edited:
With an English racer .. no fenders, differnt style bars, & saddle... i would say, would work in ORBO classifications.

Build it !
Um, so basically where I was at in the 1970s, but I had those short 'sport' fenders to keep the mud out of the brakes, drop handlebars and Wright leather saddle.

I have enough bits to start now, but then I realised that if it snows in January of February then I might be in one place and the bike in another - decisions, decisions, which date to choose...

I have enough bits to start now, but then I realised that if it snows in January of February then I might be in one place and the bike in another - decisions, decisions, which date to choose...
Tick tock tick tock

Looks like

11/1/2021 to 3/1/2022​

Go ahead and start gathering parts and we'll keep the discussion going. You'll see the sub forums pop up soon but of course the build thread areas will remain locked from posting until we start on 11/1

@Angie

Ok, so we are moving forward with a MBBO and an ORBO then?

Who else is in? @CRASH @Crazy Nick @Jude Ephesus @ParkRNDL @GuitarlCarl @Jaxon @N.Kildare1718 @tjwilson @rev106

I'm just throwing out names here.......... :21:
I could start a build. But the MBBO falls right into my busy season at work. Super long hours, extra days all through the holidays till January. The last couple years I haven't been able to finish a build until last year when we extended till March.

I certainly cannot Admin it this year. I just won't be available.

Latest posts

Back