Mbbo/Orbo?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What dates should the MBBO/ORBO run this year?

• 10/1/2021 to 2/1/2022

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 11/1/2021 to 3/1/2022

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
What about a mini velo class?

118366859_10159065561511414_3922302098775264229_n.jpg

MBBO has a good solid set of rules. ORBO needs the same. Also need someone that's willing to steer the ship

MBBO has a good solid set of rules. ORBO needs the same. Also need someone that's willing to steer the ship
Rules as per usual except the type of bike is limited to:

-BMX suitable for an adult to ride, can be set up for park/race/dirt/tricks whatever...
-Klunker/Bomber/Hybrid/MTB... (anywhere from period correct early single speed coaster brake Bomber/Klunker to current carbon frame, hydraulic disc, full suspension Mountain bike)

This is not a build-off for your everyday cruiser, perfect restoration, or your ride to the shops bikes... This is for bikes that are meant to be ridden hard and fast, jumped, skidded and abused!

Standard rules:

1. Start a new post and use the bike name as the post "Subject/Title."

2. Keep a running journal in your thread about your build showing the steps you are taking. Please don't just build away and expect to jump in at the last second with a finished bike, you can enter at any time before the deadline, but the build must not be finished when you enter.

3. Bike must be built within the dates specified. It must not be started before the start date.

4. Must include progress and finished photos (all in one thread please)

5. Bike must be ridable.

We are pretty free apart from that, you can enter multiple builds if you feel you can complete them in the three months.

You may notice the 'all welding must be done by the builder' rule is left out this year, feel free to take advantage of it!

Frame built from scratch are welcome too!

This is not a build-off for your everyday cruiser, perfect restoration, or your ride to the shops bikes... This is for bikes that are meant to be ridden hard and fast, jumped, skidded and abused!
Amen!

Maxxis 2.1 fit a Qualifier. There's a back story as well. Wanna try a 20'' OR... again. MTBs left me behind last go. See what I missed if anything. Still don't see how small wheel OR bikes where a thing.
Qualifier.jpg

Amen!

Maxxis 2.1 fit a Qualifier. There's a back story as well. Wanna try a 20'' OR... again. MTBs left me behind last go. See what I missed if anything. Still don't see how small wheel OR bikes where a thing.
View attachment 174288
That's rad

Still don't see how small wheel OR bikes where a thing.
Look up Victor Vincente of America. He was building off road 20s and 20/24 reverse mullets before Gary and co got ahold of 26" alloys.
images.jpeg
Topanga 1.jpg

Pure madness, he stuck with the small sizes even after the BMX 26 rims came out and their benefits became obvious

Look up Victor Vincente of America. He was building off road 20s and 20/24 reverse mullets before Gary and co got ahold of 26" alloys.
View attachment 174293View attachment 174294
Pure madness, he stuck with the small sizes even after the BMX 26 rims came out and their benefits became obvious
Know it, the bike I posted was put together with tubes for a Topanga!

Wish there were videos. The larger diameter front makes sense.
The Qualifier requires a complete drivetrain upgrade. A modern 7-9 speed should do nicely.

Would you believe that I have one?View attachment 174295
Don't ask for pics of me wearing it. So snug I get a headache looking at it. The laffs aren't worth it
Tight!

Last edited:
:21:

I would love to, I even have all the parts gathered for a build in each section, but I am way to busy and stretched at the moment with the house.

I have a Hoosier road racing slick already mounted to a bike modified rim and a suitable front slick too, that would make a nice Pedro style crazy muscle, and I have two alloy 21" motorcycle rims I want to build a klunker around too, even have a Pacific built beach cruiser ready to cut up for it...

I have been planning while working on the house, trust me... But I need to get the house liveable first, so sorry, I'm not in for this one...

Latest posts

Back