Mbbo/Orbo?

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What dates should the MBBO/ORBO run this year?

• 10/1/2021 to 2/1/2022

Votes: 5 25.0%
  • 11/1/2021 to 3/1/2022

Votes: 15 75.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Admins, appears to be a good time to start the BO forum for discussions?

Suspect guys conjuring up builds like this might not be into tech talk...
image.jpg

Admins, appears to be a good time to start the BO forum for discussions?

Suspect guys conjuring up builds like this might not be into tech talk...
View attachment 174878

Working on this. We are trying to make a template for the subforum layout that we can use over and over again. Make all the build offs look uniform and follow the same visual format going forward. A little work up front for the long haul

Coming soon......

Forums are up so the discussions can continue.

We will open the build journals up on 11/1. Please do not post your builds early as we are still setting up and modifying the categories and areas

I'm looking forward to my first build off and thought I was all set to go forward. Then I started seeing the stockpiles of parts others are amassing for there builds and got nervous. I quickly started lining up parts and searching for unique pieces. I found a set of custom chopper forks and was psyched to get going. Well as luck would have it my one off custom forks are no where to be found. Good ole USPO up to their old tricks. Not here and can not tell me where it is. You can't see it but there is a small tear in the corner of my eye. I hope they show up as they were really going to set my build off on the right foot. Either way I'm looking forward to having my ... handed to me. And learning a thing or 2. Good luck to all going forward.

Then I started seeing the stockpiles of parts others are amassing for there builds and got nervous. ...

I don't have stockpiles, and I certainly do not have 'cool' parts. I do keep the excess bikes I own as boxes of parts, but they are mostly from the cheap end of the market.

AM-JKLXvnKfTXt7aAxH1X0Hoy7zF0XQvfHgj-0dQtEH5nExMID6Z5QMLvqj-U5bzRrZEbSe0AU5P1oc8z_JDX7Kw7v6iwQH5cYfegGCZVB7J_1SjVETdg9br5Iw9IuDY4PthXoyIsHJ_Z4qExhVdj0fR2Y4f0Q=w1249-h955-no

Ignoring the orange bike in the background (which isn't mine anyway) and the wheel/fork combo beside it, and the several barn door hinges out of the picture on the left, this is it. Most of the missing parts will come off another bike which I am stripping for a winter rebuild, and I will be renovating some of the parts from it to use on this build off before later re-installing them on the source bike.

Spoiler: the rack will be included.

Welcome back to the Coalshed!

That looks like the bike I just bought today. What year and model is it? I need a chain guard in orange.

Well I wasn't able to finish my build off bike so I am in on the muscle bike build off so long as all goes well tomorrow with my latest acquisition. Y'all are gonna flip over this one. I can't wait. I am getting the perfect muscle bike. Just the right amounts of cool and rare. A little rough around the edges so it warrants a full build and it will definitely lend itself to the muscle bike category and do the title proud. I will post more info as soon as I officially own it.

Latest posts

Back