(MBBO) That Blue Bike

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Great job on the seat recover, that's a healthy hide you're working with.
Thanks Indy..

Still working it. Maybe utting foam today.

Brother extending the bars under the grips is easy. There's low tech, with a bit of broom handle carved to go into the tube a bit and extend to what you need, or there's mid tech (lol) where you use a bit of old handle bars with a stub of pipe inside. Both ways you need to remove that bit of lip on the inside of the bars and what ever you use can be secured with a little JB Weld. If you have 4" grip length in theory you can add 3 3/4" to the bars and still hide the seam.

C.
Thanl You Carli!

I hadn't thought about the 7/8 dowell that's a cool idea. Was planning on the mid tech. Done the JB weld mid tech before. Just need to pick the bars I will destroy in the process. Not sure if I have any cheep mtb bars left.

Added this on the other day.
20220209_100002.jpg

Not sure how muck I will get done.today. I went riding on the Off-Roadster today.

Doing this now...

BBQ brisket and Bolillo's for the surperbowl. Little Smokies in the crock pot. Veggies, sausage and Chips and dip for snacks. Should be a good time.

Looking sharp

Good looking big boy. Like the homemade seat. Blue's a tough color for me to work with. Anodized paints are eye catching.

What density value foam are you using, and what sort of waterproofing is being applied? My shorts are soaking after long rides. Need some kind of ventilated cover.

Cool bike:cool2:

Good looking big boy. Like the homemade seat. Blue's a tough color for me to work with. Anodized paints are eye catching.

What density value foam are you using, and what sort of waterproofing is being applied? My shorts are soaking after long rides. Need some kind of ventilated cover.

Cool bike:cool2:
It was two layers of the high density foam I picked up online.

The dual pan will help keep water out from below.

On top is Waterproof hide. I left the center at 14oz thickness which will also help keep iit dry . I will coat it with beeswax (snoseal) after it starts showing signs of soaking or needing more waterproofing.

With the foam and the thick soft hide, this has to be one of the most comfortable bananas I've skinned.

Yard work required today. 9 big bags of branches, twigs and green needles.
20220227_130835.jpg
20220227_143543.jpg
20220227_143611.jpg

Did paint a brake handle base blue this morning.

Also have a pic of the sprocket from under the pergola, before putting it on yesterday.
20220226_154409.jpg

Cool pattern, wanna learn to airbrush stuff like this some day.

Latest posts

Back