Me and Paul

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Awesome bike. I will +1 the recommendation of Jagwire housing. The compressionless housing really help with mechanical disc brakes imo. IDK what 1x drivetrain you are looking at but I have really like my Microshift Advent and it isn't crazy expensive.

730mm sounds so narrow to me (looks at the 820mm wide bars on my mtb).

Awesome bike. I will +1 the recommendation of Jagwire housing. The compressionless housing really help with mechanical disc brakes imo.
:113:

IDK what 1x drivetrain you are looking at but I have really like my Microshift Advent and it isn't crazy expensive.
Same here. No muss, no fuss just works

No updates, I just wanted to share this. Today, I realized that the person I've been communicating with at Brodie is the 13 time Canadian national champ, with titles on both road and mountain bikes!
pnnE0P5fpcFi49iF12CBejooPaIbdoVHM26-Lrtzquk.jpg

Even more surprised that the kid in the shop knew a bit about the brand history, and what Paul was doing nowadays. I definitely prefer this shop to the one downtown with the loudmouthed ebike salesman. This place actually han an old Dunlop tire in the weird Canadian size, you just don't see that in most shops. They also had a set of black and red Panaracer Fire 24s that I should have picked up for ThundrrrJr's Rocky Mountain. I was alittle overwhelmed, it was the first time in the shop since Al got the new place.

Even more surprised that the kid in the shop knew a bit about the brand history, and what Paul was doing nowadays. I definitely prefer this shop to the one downtown with the loudmouthed ebike salesman. This place actually han an old Dunlop tire in the weird Canadian size, you just don't see that in most shops. They also had a set of black and red Panaracer Fire 24s that I should have picked up for ThundrrrJr's Rocky Mountain. I was alittle overwhelmed, it was the first time in the shop since Al got the new place.
I was in there today asked about the one tire if he had a set I would have bought them right there for you. But then the owner asked me to leave because I fix bikes and won't work for him.

I was in there today asked about the one tire if he had a set I would have bought them right there for you. But then the owner asked me to leave because I fix bikes and won't work for him.
Ron has your size

If an LBS owner told me something like that, I'd laugh and walk out. The shops I care about around here and I have a gentleman's agreement and we suport each other. My end of the agreement is sending them business and not working on bikes that were not built by me, which I do not have time for anyway and it keeps me from having to work on janky bikes that were assembled or maintained by amateurs. Their end varies from donation bikes/parts to discounts and referrals. The shops I don't care about do not get any attention, negative or positive.

If an LBS owner told me something like that, I'd laugh and walk out. The shops I care about around here and I have a gentleman's agreement and we suport each other. My end of the agreement is sending them business and not working on bikes that were not built by me, which I do not have time for anyway and it keeps me from having to work on janky bikes that were assembled or maintained by amateurs. Their end varies from donation bikes/parts to discounts and referrals. The shops I don't care about do not get any attention, negative or positive.
Unfortunately we live in a small town. Where we have three shops. This one was the only show in town for 30 years. The other two are new and only do very basic stuff. I do help these two shops have built wheels, rebuilt three speed hubs and such. However this one shop is the only one that has things I need to help the other two. I have found an older guy who runs a shop out of his garage and is awesome. Sells stuff for very cheap but I don't drive and he's a 20 min car ride away. So sometimes I have to go to this one.

I have found an older guy who runs a shop out of his garage and is awesome. Sells stuff for very cheap but I don't drive and he's a 20 min car ride away. So sometimes I have to go to this one.
We should head over soon, got a burning hole in my pocket. Money's gonna fall out if I don't blow it soon

IMG_20230819_091111502.jpg
Holy smokes. I posted that Brodie t-shirt at the RetroBike forum, and it inspired a hero over there to fire up the Wayback machine and they dug up the Specs for 2007 Omega! I have everything now!
D916B847-734E-4A21-BCF7-C3E80EC769D4.jpeg

Everyone should donate all of their money to the Wayback machine

Latest posts

Back