"Mean Green Puncher" has been taken off of life support

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Im in I may not finish but yea I got bit by the build off bug AGAIN (I WAS IN UGV"S FIRST BUILD OFF)... nothing radical just a starght forward build with some surprises here and there and a tight bike i want to ride the heck out of... here he is allow me to reintroduce "Rusty Ray".... but he will have a identity change real soon....
my 65 Sting Ray
100_0557.jpg

I was debating if i should enter cause man the comp is tough this year.. so im just looking to have a good time building this thing... and hope to make it to the finish line along with all you great builders and your awesome bikes you turn out...
Thanks for looking and I will update as often as possible....
Jay

PLANS:
Green paint
3 spoke metal mags
mud flapps
fenders white walls
green grips streamers...
and.. well i let enough of the cat out of the bag stay tuned for the rest.... :wink:
a hole lot of different. i hope.

Re: 1965 sting ray.. "Mean Green Puncher"

I'm loving all these little bikes this year, make me not feel so bad about the 20" wheels on my chopper.

Have fun!

yoothgeye said:
I'm loving all these little bikes this year, make me not feel so bad about the 20" wheels on my chopper.

Have fun!
THANK YOU SIR!!! and i will !! cant wait to start this thing im glad its apart already... :lol:

tin machine said:
cool bike already !! 8)
Thanks Tin means alot coming from you great builders.. my sons told me the same thing but i seen no sting rays in the build so what the hay.. i threw it in the mix... plus i just moved and i keep seeing old bikes in the man cave time for a new set up...( EVEN THOUGH I HAVE YET TO RIDE MY UGV BUILD OFF BIKE Bad Intentions)
Thanks for the looking fellas..
-Jay-

bighit said:
You better get riding and get building.
you already know big.... IM COMING FOR YOU!!! :lol: man i dont stand a chance at all :lol: but i had so much fun building the CWC .. im in to win it is the attitude i have ...
Thaks for looking homie!!
Jay

Cool, I'll be watching :mrgreen:

SCHWINNRAY69 said:
Cool, I'll be watching :mrgreen:
I was wondering how long it would take you to chim in on this...Thanks bro.. stay tuned.
-Jay-

Xcruiser said:
tnt1 said:
He got the bike from me for free Tony :)
We all need more friends like you then!!Free stingrays all around!!!!!!!!1
Hey you guys get a room or Get Ta Buildin'!! :mrgreen: glad ya back! Peace

Xcruiser said:
tnt1 said:
He got the bike from me for free Tony :)
We all need more friends like you then!!Free stingrays all around!!!!!!!!1
I tell you one thing i have amassed quit a bit of my collection from this man and i co-sign all day Tony Tish cool dude all the way.. thats homie there right there... any ways... back to what your here for a lil UPDATE.

I dugg through the boxes of stuff I have and came up with a mock up that i like. I have a set of 3 spoke aluminume mags that I was told they were possibly Grimica mags?? not sure but I got them at a fle market a while back the axles are bent but I think im gonna do something with them on this build I put them on along with some med apes I have and looks pretty good but im also kicking around the idea of a 3 sturmy on it just for kicks not sure Im also dealing with the seat choice the shcwinn seat on there now is nice but im not useing it for this I want something different I have a ladies seat witch was on my rollfast before with a nice crash bar and the size suits this frame well so I got that to take apart this evening when I get home and brain storm with it and I did find a few more dodads in some boxes that im planning on useing its coming together in my head now I need to mock and start to tear into this puppy..... pics are coming I moved recently and where I live now its kinda in the out skirts of EVERYTHING so its taking them a while to hook cable and internet up but im snapping as I go....
Thanks for checking up !!
Jay-

i mocked them up yesterday on the bike and it looked fast sitting there i likes it.... and the critics approved (my ladie and my sons) but im gonna strip them of the tons of paint layers they have and give a crack at hand polishing them up real chrome like...and once i get the rear rim wit the 3 speed then ill make my choice.... need to get some pics up loaded to my lap top and go to mickey d's to post them :mrgreen: until i get my internet set up that is.....
Thank for looking

Got my bb case taken apart last night gonna need to sand down some of the pitting chrome on my cranks also going to need a new head set the stock on is shot also my frame has some pitting in it I'm thinking of leaving it the way it is since it is gonna be a "mean green puncher" as far as the rest still kicking a few other ideas around but its coming along going to order tires soon and get my axles redone on the rims this coming week. also going to strip the many layers of paint off the rims too.... hope the week end leads me in a good direction..... PICS COMING SOO.... i hope

bighit said:
I will be waiting on it. Stay green my friend :mrgreen:
green makes me go!!!!

on another note my kick stand does not fold up all the way and i tried to remove it but umm.. its being a bratt so i might have to beat him and get him in line... hate sitting here at work know ing i have a bike that needs attention at home.... :lol: :lol:

Re: 1965 sting ray.. "Mean Green Puncher" pics up pg 2

First off heres the new lab or ,y man cave as i call i got it all for my self my stuff and my toys!!!
100_0812.jpg

here is the frame all tore down waiting for some luv...with my 24" typoon and Badintentions in the back round
100_0810.jpg

here are the wheels im planning on useing for now still debating on if these or to go 3 speed...
100_0813.jpg

but man these bearings i have no idea how to take them out or the axles.. might have to go to my LBS and see what my dude Drew says
100_0814.jpg

here are some of the parts im looking to use and also the shifter if i go 3 speed and the seat pans i was debating on but im going with the seat on the right it has a nice crash bar and the size fits the frame well
100_0816.jpg

100_0811.jpg

also you can see my springer fork tore down and getting cleaned i also had soked some parts in vinager to get them cleaned up working on that too.
i cleaned up the OG sproket but i might go with the repop on the left its just cleaner
100_0809.jpg

these are the bars for now and a few other projects just hangin and waiting...... im useing the stem off my speedster cause i like the way it sticks out but i need a new head bolt and wedge for it... and this front light thats now drying (I JUST PAINTED IT WHITE) im gonna mount it on the rear fender once i get it built...
100_0817.jpg

well thats all folks till i get some more pics ...
ENJOY!! lmk what you guys think any advise.
Holla i got beer getting warm....duces.
Jay

Re: 1965 sting ray.. "Mean Green Puncher" pics up pg2

Glad to see you got settled in the new place and decided to put up a build.I will be checkin it out. Oh ,let me know if you are looking for anything.
-Kreep-

Kreep said:
Glad to see you got settled in the new place and decided to put up a build.I will be checkin it out. Oh ,let me know if you are looking for anything.
-Kreep-
You got some stuff i seen ..ill pm you soon my friend... :wink:
and thanks..

Cool parts and beer accesories.
I remember seeing that beer shifter in the For Sale section.
Cheers!

Latest posts

Back