Mesa Buggie - WuGgie ...New seat post! pg 4

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Arizona continues to amaze...
Saw this in the parking lot of the grocery store this morning. Had to move on before the owner came back, but got a couple pics before it was hemmed in by adjoining cars.

This is steam punk to the max!

:eek:

That's my kinda machine!

:113:

Alright. So that bmx riding style with the shorter seat height wasn't cutting it for this sexagenarian.

I thought, "Why not find a modern aluminum seat post with an I.D. of the 13/16" Chadpost and sleeve it over the top?" That way I can have my mtb riding position and get a better seat adjustment with the laprade style seat clamp. Turns out, a 26.6 mm post was just the ticket. And a guy on CL only 3 mi away had one for $5.

Also picked up an NOS Gary Fisher leather saddle on the 'bay. Just like the first one on my GF race bike in '89. Sweeeet!
20170224_114544.jpg

Worked great! Used Liquid Nails for adhesive, and added a screw for safe measure. No twisting after a couple real dirt rides!

Also added these cool 'wood look' lock on grips. Have them on my Fat Rat fatbike at home. They stay soft at -10 or 80 above.
20170224_114558.jpg

This bike will be hard to leave behind in a couple weeks....
20170224_114725.jpg

Last edited:
Alright. So that bmx riding style with the shorter seat height wasn't cutting it for this sexagenarian.

I thought, "Why not find a modern aluminum seat post with an I.D. of the 13/16" Chadpost and sleeve it over the top?" That way I can have my mtb riding position and get a better seat adjustment with the laprade style seat clamp. Turns out, a 26.6 mm post was just the ticket. And a guy on CL only 3 mi away had one for $5.

Also picked up an NOS Gary Fisher leather saddle on the 'bay. Just like the first one on my GF race bike in '89. Sweeeet!
View attachment 46510

Worked great! Used Liquid Nails for adhesive, and added a screw for safe measure. No twisting after a couple real dirt rides!

Also added these cool 'wood look' lock on grips. Have them on my Fat Rat fatbike at home. They stay soft at -10 or 80 above.
View attachment 46511

This bike will be hard to leave behind in a couple weeks....
View attachment 46512
Good to have the seat where it's comfortable for you. When it comes to comfort on the hill, you know what works for you.

Latest posts

Back