Mesa Buggie - Wuggie

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes:

kingfish254

CHECK OUT MY SALE THREAD FOR COOL STUFF!
Reaction score
Reaction score
Oh man that makes me miss the desert...
The Tam boys would have been jealous back in the day. Solid klunker!

OddJob

Staff member
Reaction score
So nice! I think I need some klunk in my life!
Thanks! The klunker, to me, is like the original rat rod bike. It was taking an old cruiser, and adding updates and modern parts to make it more off-road worthy. Trying to create a new genre of bicycle; it was the birthright of the mountain bike!

Captain Awesome

👑 Lord of Irrelevance 👑
Staff member
Reaction score
Thanks! The klunker, to me, is like the original rat rod bike. It was taking an old cruiser, and adding updates and modern parts to make it more off-road worthy. Trying to create a new genre of bicycle; it was the birthright of the mountain bike!

Without a doubt. I just don't currently have a klunker in the garage, and seeing this made me realize there's no reason to deprive myself any longer :D

Reaction score
Lovely little build. Really like the balloon tyres look on this one! Where did you get the disc brake adaptor?! Was planning on modding a couple of bikes to take disc brakes but that adaptor looks like a tidy weld free option

OddJob

Staff member
Reaction score
Lovely little build. Really like the balloon tyres look on this one! Where did you get the disc brake adaptor?! Was planning on modding a couple of bikes to take disc brakes but that adaptor looks like a tidy weld free option
Thanks for the props! I picked up the disc brake adapter here on ebay.
http://www.ebay.com/itm/2pcs-Adjust...tor-18-22mm-/111802047881?hash=item1a07ebdd89

It takes some fitting to get it just right, and I'm sure it varies some with the shape of the drop out. Mine (after some bending and tweaking) ended up aligned pretty well, and the brake works great! Makes the klunker so much more versatile with gears and the disc brake.

OddJob

Staff member
Reaction score
I liked this one. looks ready for anything.
Thanks Funk. I use it for my main get-around-town bike in Arizona, and hitting some of the off-road trails along the way. It's quite adaptable! And fun!

Reaction score
Thanks Funk. I use it for my main get-around-town bike in Arizona, and hitting some of the off-road trails along the way. It's quite adaptable! And fun!
Sometimes its those simple riders that take you anywhere you wanna go. Grasshopper was simple,I believe my first simple build so far... Need to simplify more....:rofl:. like that is going to happen.

Reaction score
Kluck-tastic :cool2:

Latest posts