Mid-80s Diamondback Sand Streak

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
6   0   0
Cool cruiser/bmx/mtb crossover 5-speed in excellent condition. Owner said his family all went out one day and bought new bicycles together and this was his father's. Been ridden maybe 20 times since new and it looks about like it, just a little bit of scuffing on the chainguard decals.

All original except bars which were replaced when the ugly cruiser ones with the long foam grips deteriorated. Some nice vintage parts on it. Sugino cranks, suntour thumbshift and derailleur, aluminum Arayas. Only plans are switch out the cruiser seat, which isn't the ugliest and it's certainly not gel, with a leather Wrights I have laying around. Rides like new! All for 33$ :D

53C66.jpg

TU4ui.jpg

tmU8S.jpg

Those are nice.

I found a women's version that was a cruiser with the same wheels only it had a coaster brake rear hub.

how much for the car doors man ... they make great room dividers, oh .. nice bike...looks clean ...
evey web site has a smart a@# I dont have the job yet ..but I am working on it. :mrgreen:

Most excellent, I thought I couldn't go wrong with it. I've really needed something more geared towards riding around my dirt roads.
Ideally, I wanted to build a klunker but found the frame I had destined to be klunked was a 24".. saw this on craigs and hopped on board :D

Henry morgan said:
how much for the car doors man ... they make great room dividers, oh .. nice bike...looks clean ...
evey web site has a smart a@# I dont have the job yet ..but I am working on it. :mrgreen:

Oh and the doors are for sale......... you got a '91-'94 Lumina Z-34?! Didn't think so :lol:

Latest posts

Back