Mine Frightliner- Updated

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
2   0   0
Well, I'm a sucker for a frame style I haven't had the pleasure of getting to know and no matter how many times I swore off middleweights picked this one up tonight.
I took a tube and tools to fix the flat and ride her home. Although wheels and tires are mismatched and homely she rode straight, smooth and quiet.
AND.... I got a can of original touch up paint included in the bargain! I can always use extra paint.
I made mention of this find being a rattle canned relic yesterday while visiting Idiotboy's original equipment Flightliner rebuild and Horsefarmer posted this third pic to express some kind of empathy.
The rack, bars, grips and basket were promptly removed and or reassigned when I got home.

bike+5.jpg

Last edited:
I'm impressed you rode it home! Bravo - I hope you start a trend to put these long suffering "yard art" puppies back on the road.
23274_121361747894386_8897_n1-jpg.56201

I'm impressed you rode it home! Bravo - I hope you start a trend to put these long suffering "yard art" puppies back on the road.
23274_121361747894386_8897_n1-jpg.56201

I certainly would appreciate it if it became a trend more so than me carrying such a burden of running around the city trying to save them all myself. I'm running out of room at the shelter.

Last edited:
This is the Frighliner after a quick build the day after I picked her up.
I sort of had an idea where this was going from the first time I was saw her poste on Kijiji by using up parts that I've had for awhile.
There's still some detailing and changes coming, but I'm pretty pleased with the way the bike came together so far.
I stripped two repaints and remaining factory finish and put the parts on it that needed a better place than where they were.
I still have to make and fit a shifter and get some kind of protective coating on her.

Last edited:
I agree, but it was the first one a reached for that bolted right on for pics before sundown.
I'm thinking of making a double layer leather top pad with super magnets between layers to hold in place for rides.:39:

I used the same style saddle on two wheel Artemus, a little leather and padding held on by springs. Still the most uncomfortable seat I have. Good luck.

Latest posts

Back