Mini Cooper

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Anybody own one of those newer Mini's? I saw a used one for sale and was thinking about it.

ej599 said:
Anybody own one of those newer Mini's? I saw a used one for sale and was thinking about it.
I don't own one but I test drove one, Pretty fun car to drive but I hate how the speedo is in the middle of the dash instead of behind the wheel where it should be, just bugs me too much. Other than that I liked it.

cool chic cars...as in id total drive one if it was my g/fs car, but never buy one, too small. Now an original mini would be cool, still small i know but at least its got a huge cool factor on its side.

BillyOlds said:
cool chic cars...as in id total drive one if it was my g/fs car, but never buy one, too small. Now an original mini would be cool, still small i know but at least its got a huge cool factor on its side.

I kinda like the new ones. They are actually pretty spacious for a compact car. The old ones are REALLY small though. But definitely cool. I saw this one on the web that really blows the cool factor up a notch.

10827d1258946774-tdr-blown-hemi-426-minicooper.jpg

holy good god, so rediculous its cool.

ive been in a few and yeah theyre spacious but im the type that needs a truck...suv at least. im no "bigger is better" i just use my truck so much the thought of driving a mini is non existant. If i were in the market for a car of the sort id go s2000, 370z, a3. that volvo hatch coupe thing.
I guess im just not a fan of the of the new mini, but would love to own a clio v6...
2005renault-clio-v6-13.jpg

but if i where to go mini, itd be the clubman, trunk space is actually big enough for more than a man purse hehe
jcw-mini-cooper-and-clubman1.jpg

I've got a full size Chevy truck now that's been paid off for many years. But at 17 mpg @ $60 + a week, I was pondering a small daily driver and my commute is along windy New England roads with no highway. We have my wifes car for family outings and I'd keep the truck for manly chores.

I was wondering about reliability really. I've read they've had clutch problems and was looking for horror stories.

I've never really considered them a chick car, not like Miata's, New Beetles and Civics. They sure look like they'd be fun to drive.

Keep the input coming!

Social Reject said:
ej599 said:
I've got a full size Chevy truck now that's been paid off for many years. But at 17 mpg @ $60 + a week, I was pondering a small daily driver and my commute is along windy New England roads with no highway. We have my wifes car for family outings and I'd keep the truck for manly chores.

I was wondering about reliability really. I've read they've had clutch problems and was looking for horror stories.

I've never really considered them a chick car, not like Miata's, New Beetles and Civics. They sure look like they'd be fun to drive.

Keep the input coming!

A Civic is a chick car?

Wow. I didn't know that. I have one.

What makes it a chick car? Affordability? I didn't see a flowerpot on the dash.

:oops: :oops: Okay, sorry- we'll cross civics off the list. Maybe it's because I see alot of women driving them. :oops: :oops: I work with a guy who owned a new Beetle and we used to bring him flowers for it! :D

I like the Mini's that look like a station wagon. I don't know what they're called, I just saw one the other day and liked it.

i guess its not a total chick car at all, but imo it is kinda, but as a second car...i get it. just googled it and found some info that would make me never buy one
http://www.consumeraffairs.com/automotive/mini.html
one guy has a knocking noise that will not stop when cold. another had a transmission fail and they dont repair them, only replace...bmw=exspensive

a civic in most regards is chick car, guys drive em, its cool, but for guys not driving them..."chick car"

Alot of cars can be called a chick car and then a guy gets one and makes it B.A. and that particular one cannot be called a chic car. but to really clear the air
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.p ... =chick+car

If i where to get a second car for commuting/fun driver id look into othe roptions than the mini, just my .02cents

haha my bike would 100% not be considered a mans bike...although twist the throttle wide open and one my think twice, be that its also purple...i think my bike could be considered a chicks bike. I am totaly ok with that cause i havent done a single thing to it.

I dont think a sporster is a "chicks bike" but when riden by a chick thats hot.

I think motorcycles are not the same as cars in the gender area, a chick on a bike makes her a bit hotter no matter what she looks like, a guy on a purple gs1100, no one cares and if they do its probaly like "who would ride that".

What about a Toyota Prius? Can't call it a chick car; more like a same sex marriage car! If you're looking for something easy on gas, it's the one. And they're pretty darned fast from a dead stop. You just gotta drive it like you stole it. All gas then all brake. It'll stop on a dime too. And if you drop down all the seats, you can easily get two full sized bikes in it and close the rear hatch all the way. I've done it. Drawbacks? Way too light. Wind tosses you around like mad. And in order to keep it light it doesn't have any cushion or padding in its interior. You wouldn't think it's a big deal but I drive a thousand miles a week and it wears down my elbows pretty good. Yeah, I guess I told on myself. I have one! But mine is free and so is the gas card, the insurance, the maintanence, and the taxes. If it weren't completely free transportation I don't know if I could put up with driving one! You get zero respect driving one! Even little old ladies riding Jazzy's pull out in front of you! Oh yeah, almost forgot, you'll get used to the fact that it feels like it's accelerating when you're mashing on the brakes and hit a serious of bumps! It really isn't accelerating, the brakes just stop working for awhile. :D Again, if it's a gas issue, it's worth checking out. And their resale value is huge.

outskirtscustoms said:
BillyOlds said:

I kinda like the new ones. They are actually pretty spacious for a compact car. The old ones are REALLY small though. But definitely cool. I saw this one on the web that really blows the cool factor up a notch.

10827d1258946774-tdr-blown-hemi-426-minicooper.jpg
The original ones have a lot of room inside, just small on the outside. The speedo is in the middle of the dash, because that's where it is on an original one. Here's mine, Dean
CIMG1124-1-1.jpg

CIMG1125.jpg

dont know about mechanical problems but i did a front end hit on one last year and ill just say theyre radiator supports are kind of a bad design(think molded plastic :shock: )
drove fine in and out of my stall though....

That original mini is sweet! And getting back on topic, a new mini cooper S is on my short term "to own" list for cars, and I am of the male gender, I'm not ashamed! I also have an original mini on my lifetime "to own" list, along with about 1000 other cars.....

Latest posts

Back