Mini gentleman’s racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 0%
0   0   0
Well I was planning on leaving this bike mostly stock so I created the “I ordered a new bike” thread. Since then I’ve ordered a ton of parts, so I should put it under “builds”. This is my biria mini 20. It’s a pretty awesome bike. I’m inspired by roadster and path racer bikes, so that’s the direction I’m headed.
23778F0E-7FF9-462B-978F-9B74B976628F.jpeg

I'd have to use my padded cycling gloves with that much tire pressure.
It’s a harsh ride for sure, I’m starting to get used to it, but the first day made me so sore. I’m used to riding my large steel chopper. This bike is basically the opposite lol. It’s really easy to get in and out of the house with it. I have a bad back, but I’ve climbed stairs with it no problem. And it’s RIDICULOUS how fun it is to ride. Padded gloves are probably going to happen in the near future

My house has a narrow stairs that takes a 90 degree turn near the top, with no landing. My newest build, Bulldog, was easy to get up there this morning. Every other bike is a challenge and needs an extra person helping. That's probably going to be my most ridden bike.

I think it’s basically finished. It’s all dialed in, and it rides like I want it to. I’m starting to get compliments on it too. The only things I want to do are get longer bolts to run the bottle cage and the frame pump at the same time. I also have to finish my kayak cart/trailer/bike mount on kayak because this is the bike I’m going to use for that now. The kayak will be a lot less top heavy with this bike mounted to the stern. It’s short enough I’ll finally be able to run a motor on my yak. This is going to be an ideal setup to get to the most remote of places here in the Pacific Northwest.
367A6B82-141D-421E-AB38-BB8589BDE01C.jpeg
CE64B674-72D2-4FAC-8CFE-EAE54FDCDF20.jpeg
92F52853-B9AE-48D6-A9B0-A04DEF3149B2.jpeg

That's a big kayak. Almost a jonboat. I wondered how you carried your bike on a kayak.
It rides a lot more like a boat than a kayak. I’m going to have to keep the cart at the stern because it was a little front heavy and slow. With my heavier chopper bicycle in the back it handled a bit better. The new bike is so light it doesn’t balance the weight well unless I can get more weight in the back. The boat is getting some modifications soon too, I have a fish finder, battery, motor, and steering kit showing up soon, those should help me balance the weight of the kayak in the water a bit better. Towing it behind the kayak is no problem tho, the cart works really well. The mini racer is perfect for towing, and fast too. After it gets started it’s easy to keep a good fast pace.

That is a really cool bike. One question though, why are you running your tires at 110psi?
That’s the psi they are rated at, and this bike is actually my first taste of going fast on a bike, it’s stiff and uncomfortable, but it’s so fun to go fast on it. I deflated the back tire to 90 psi when I was towing my kayak

Latest posts

Back