Mini gentleman’s racer

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That’s the psi they are rated at, and this bike is actually my first taste of going fast on a bike, it’s stiff and uncomfortable, but it’s so fun to go fast on it. I deflated the back tire to 90 psi when I was towing my kayak
https://www.renehersecycles.com/myt... your tires are,cycling world in recent years.

Higher pressures don't necessarily make your bike faster. The vibrations might make it feel faster though. I mean all that is to say if you enjoy it keep at it but it maybe worth playing with pressures.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk

https://www.renehersecycles.com/myth-16-higher-tire-pressure-is-faster/#:~:text=The harder your tires are,cycling world in recent years.

Higher pressures don't necessarily make your bike faster. The vibrations might make it feel faster though. I mean all that is to say if you enjoy it keep at it but it maybe worth playing with pressures.

Sent from my LM-G820 using Tapatalk
I’ve ridden it at 85 before, pretty comfortable, but there’s a little bit of a squeaky noise from the tires when I do. There was another set of tires I was looking at but they only go up to 65 psi. I may try those out when these wear out, but I kinda like em. I have a different bike that’s more oriented for a comfortable ride.

Well I have some updates… I converted from a 27 speed to a 9 speed, and it made the ride more enjoyable. I really felt like I was missing out on some top end, so I picked up a 69t chainring. It’s NICE. 1st gear can still get me up some hills, but 9th gear is monsterously fast. It RIPS! I’m looking to do some longer rides in the near future. Also, idk how long I’m going to keep the flipped bars, it’s just a little bit too much for me lol.
1FDA1C14-6E23-4840-93A3-5E804B0F9E61.jpeg
EB9E69A5-D525-4209-89A4-D900C7E9D69A.jpeg

Well I have some updates… I converted from a 27 speed to a 9 speed, and it made the ride more enjoyable. I really felt like I was missing out on some top end, so I picked up a 69t chainring. It’s NICE. 1st gear can still get me up some hills, but 9th gear is monsterously fast. It RIPS! I’m looking to do some longer rides in the near future. Also, idk how long I’m going to keep the flipped bars, it’s just a little bit too much for me lol.View attachment 175526View attachment 175527
:rockout:

My flat bar came in the mail today. I am totally in love! Way more comfortable, easier to control, and I think it looks cooler too! View attachment 175709View attachment 175710
love it in its current state, I know each to their own but those flipped bars had to go in my books straight off the bat,flats look prefect and thats a decent dinner plate up front for sure

love it in its current state, I know each to their own but those flipped bars had to go in my books straight off the bat,flats look prefect and thats a decent dinner plate up front for sure
Thank you! I appreciate that! :) the drop bars may end up on my gravity bike at some point. It was definitely an aggressive ride lol I really liked the look with the flipped bars, but I like the feel of the straight ones. It was definitely a tough call to make.

Thank you! I appreciate that! :) the drop bars may end up on my gravity bike at some point. It was definitely an aggressive ride lol I really liked the look with the flipped bars, but I like the feel of the straight ones. It was definitely a tough call to make.
Yup usually I look at a bike and instantly want to flip the bars from risers to race ready but sometimes it only ends up being visually pleasing and not very ergo pleasing, flat bars end up being a good go between

@Phranq, what are the smallest to largest cassette cogs, 11-32?
The Driveline is very durable. I've past 2k and the teeth are in fantastic condition. My ring did start making a creaking noise eventually. Drove me nuts locating the noise. Makes the same sound regardless of crank and BB system. I believe drilling large holes in the 7075 composition would relieve stress to make it quiet again.

The flat bar upgrade causes your arms to extend slightly more forward reducing drag. I hold very close to the stem to further minimize drag.

@Phranq, what are the smallest to largest cassette cogs, 11-32?
The Driveline is very durable. I've past 2k and the teeth are in fantastic condition. My ring did start making a creaking noise eventually. Drove me nuts locating the noise. Makes the same sound regardless of crank and BB system. I believe drilling large holes in the 7075 composition would relieve stress to make it quiet again.

The flat bar upgrade causes your arms to extend slightly more forward reducing drag. I hold very close to the stem to further minimize drag.
It goes 11-26. A 32 would be awesome tho, I could use just a little bit more in the low end now lol. I’m liking the driveline too! Hopefully it’ll be worth the money because it was kinda expensive, but it has ridiculous top end. :)

I have a friend that recently purchased a Brompton folder bicycle. I can see that your bike does a lot of what he is doing without folding. I find that fitting a bicycle so that you can happily pedal can sometimes eat up a few years. I can quickly get a bike close to my inner nirvana riding position. I find that the last 5% of the journey to comfort nirvana can take years sometimes to attain. I like your boat towing setup too. What are you fishing for?

I have a friend that recently purchased a Brompton folder bicycle. I can see that your bike does a lot of what he is doing without folding. I find that fitting a bicycle so that you can happily pedal can sometimes eat up a few years. I can quickly get a bike close to my inner nirvana riding position. I find that the last 5% of the journey to comfort nirvana can take years sometimes to attain. I like your boat towing setup too. What are you fishing for?
I really dig it. Every time I ride it I like it more. It’s a little on the rigid side, but it’s also grippy and responsive. At that time I was fishing for salmon. Silvers and kings were in season, but I got skunked on that day. Ive had good luck bank fishing there in the past tho. :)

Latest posts

Back