mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" DONE 11/29

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I liked it the best with the bars flipped and the springer without spring or rubber! The lower the better! :D Cool build! Love the mags!

With the bars flipped and the fork raked all the way it was very hard to turn haha, i would have to move my knee out and still wouldnt have much radius because the fork would hit the frame.

I still think my favorite so far is the last picture, and I did move the bars down a bit more to match the lines of the bike after I took that. its 200% easier to ride with the bars upright. but i'll take looks over comfort.

I have about 2 inches before the fender hits the ground, only thing that scraped was the pedal once. I still need to replace the braces on the front fender and mount in properly.

Did a few minor updates today:

Swapped out the stem for one that actually fits, and found this really cool stem that only has one bolt to tighten the stem bolt and handlebars. This dropped my bars down another 2 inches at least, and gave the bike an even cooler look. I also swapped out the seatpost for a non flanged one so I could slam it lower to the frame. Almost ready to strip and paint. This thing is slammed and I love it.

Compare to last picture I posted above and see the difference!

1-8.jpg

It's a tough looking bike. I could never fit on it though! Great job.

That looks Sweet! Kinda like my Brat Kill'n Rat in the gallery! Can't wait to see the finished ride! L8 EM

Re: mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" new pics 11/10

well after a few days of painting, ive made some progress.

first i hit the whole bike with white primer. then hit the front and back with teal. starting taping off my design

1-10.jpg

then hit the whole thing with black

2-8.jpg

the mags in teal

5-6.jpg

sprocket in teal

6-2.jpg

and here it is, just needs clear. im not very happy with the way it turned out, this is my first time doing a 2 tone paint job like this, but i could have done a better job taping. oh well, lesson learned

3-7.jpg

4-6.jpg

just need to paint the fenders now

Re: mini rat - now called "Slow Ride" new pics 11/16

LOOKS AWESOME!What dont you like? May i suggest "Bobbing" of the fenders", :mrgreen: it would look awesome.

well i didnt tape very well, you can see the one crooked line on the bottom bar in the full picture. but i planned on possibly pinstriping white around the teal so it'll hide it if i do that. im very happy with the colors, its dead on to what i wanted.

well ive been extremely busy lately with work and school, and havent had time to work on the bike. Now its Thanksgiving and I have a wedding tomorrow as well, so I dont think I'm going to have the bike done in time for the build :( But I WILL finish this bike. If you look at the first pictures I posted, you can see the cut up fender someone put on back, should I cut it a little more and bob the back fender? Or should I go with the full rear fender. BTW the fenders will be painted and pinstriped. Just looking for opinions, I think I might go with the bobbed fender. All the bikes in the build off look great! Cant wait to see the rest finished!

You still got a week! Go for it and try to finish. To heck with sleep it's overrated. I like it so far!

Latest posts

Back