Mini Velo (ALTON)

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
Have any of you bought a bike made by Alton USA, are they any good? Looking at one of these.

Mini%20Velo%205.jpg

Last edited:
There is a couple paint scrapes which sucks because of packaging. I had to adjust the derailleur so it would go into first gear. Shockingly one of the valve caps was broken and the tires had no air in them.

Other than those things it seems to be well built. Still need to test ride it.

I think I will get a seat post shim instead of a seat post since I have a post here that I can use.

Mini-Velos are a type of bike that has small wheels and a larger frame than a BMX bike. Because of their compact size, yet large bike handling, they have been popular in Japan and other countries in the Orient for years. It is only very recently that they have been available in the USA and are starting to achieve a following. I had been wanting one for some time and just recently bought a DaHon Bullhead, which is a folding mini-velo with a 7-speed internal hub. Because of the cold and snow, I only took it out for a test ride. Handling is quick and fast. Can't wait for warmer weather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAHON-BULLH...212?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item5afb3555bc

Mini-Velos are a type of bike that has small wheels and a larger frame than a BMX bike. Because of their compact size, yet large bike handling, they have been popular in Japan and other countries in the Orient for years. It is only very recently that they have been available in the USA and are starting to achieve a following. I had been wanting one for some time and just recently bought a DaHon Bullhead, which is a folding mini-velo with a 7-speed internal hub. Because of the cold and snow, I only took it out for a test ride. Handling is quick and fast. Can't wait for warmer weather.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/DAHON-BULLH...212?pt=US_Bicycles_Frames&hash=item5afb3555bc
I love them, they are great little bikes! Part way through building my own...

Luke.

I did get some different grips for it, Biltwell Kung Fu Grip - 7/8"/Natural @ Amazon for $17.95.

Forgot to say earlier, it looks as if you could up grade this bike with a 2 or 3 gear chain ring really easy. The lug for the front derailleur shifter cable is installed on the down tube and there is a slot in the cable slide under the BB shell.

Last edited:
Wish I knew what pressure they could run...

Luke.
Luke I contacted the seller and they said that they can take a max 85psi. That isn't 100psi but fairly close so I don't know if it would work for you. For me that seems to be enough as I am not as big of a guy, only 5' 11" @ 195lbs.

Luke I contacted the seller and they said that they can take a max 85psi. That isn't 100psi but fairly close so I don't know if it would work for you. For me that seems to be enough as I am not as big of a guy, only 5' 11" @ 195lbs.
Yeah! should be good for you no problem Drac! Me at 6'4" and 220-230lbs might be a different story though...

I think the fender suits it, another short one on the front and it should be a very user friendly bike!

Luke.

Latest posts

Back