Mixte build

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swapped out the bars and stem, added Ergon grips .
Installed The B-67 Brooks .
Installed my pedal extenders along with some Specialized platform pedals .
Waiting on rear wheel, and front brake . I’ll be glad to get the slightly larger 700c third on the rear . The skinny 27incher feels funny when taking a curve . Doesn’t feel secure .
D7632A9D-5152-4F85-9FCA-BCF2E8AEE3FB.jpeg

I'm working on a diamond frame nishiki MTB from the 80s. I am quite pleased with what I'm finding on it. Japanese steel is my favorite. If I can get one, I will, but I actually am hoping to find one of the faux mixte MTBs by GT or something. This one is Tange chromo.:inlove:
View attachment 130739
I really thought I was alone in my mixte fantasies. I kept it a little bit of a secret. I'm glad I found this support group
I want one of these! Hard to find in large sizes though...

Swapped out the bars and stem, added Ergon grips .
Installed The B-67 Brooks .
Installed my pedal extenders along with some Specialized platform pedals .
Waiting on rear wheel, and front brake . I’ll be glad to get the slightly larger 700c third on the rear . The skinny 27incher feels funny when taking a curve . Doesn’t feel secure .
View attachment 130982
That's gonna be such a fun simple ride

The skinny 27incher feels funny when taking a curve . Doesn’t feel secure .
It's most likely a low budget or squared off tire on there. I can't see what it is from your pics. The el cheapo ISO 630 tires available are utter garbage and always act squirrely, even when new. Try a Panaracer Pasela 27x1 1/4.

The contact patch on ISO 630 is bigger than the same case size of an ISO 622 tire.

Latest posts

Back