Modified Bike Carrier

Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum

Help Support Rat Rod Bikes Bicycle Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Rating - 100%
8   0   0
So I needed to modify my bike carrier to make it easier to carry my big bike.

Here is what I did...
Bike Rack 5.jpg

You can see the section that angles downwards which is the original bike carrier. I welded part of the hitch tube from the cargo carrier I bought to the bike carrier and then drilled a third hole in the bike carrier hitch tube to run the bolt through it. Still trying to decide if I need to put a reinforcement piece at the end of the tube I welded on.

Bike Rack 1.jpg

Still needs a clamp to hold the big bike in place and upright. As you can see two more bikes can be hung on the original hooks of the bike carrier and maybe a fourth one could be on the the platform with the MegaPixieRay.

Bike Rack 2.jpg

Bike Rack 3.jpg

Bike Rack 4.jpg

Thanks Luke... do you think it needs to be reinforced at the other end of the square tubing that got welded to the bike carrier tubing?
As I understand what you have done, you have not modified the main tube, just welded the cargo bed mount to it, it should be fine, but I always err on the side of caution, would not hurt to add a brace in there. ;)

Luke.

Latest posts

Back